need help,same error over and over.

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
double99

need help,same error over and over.

Post by double99 »

i just want to see how my mesh looks when rendered real time.so i figured id use the irrlicht game engine.i used the basic hello world tutorial(i use visual c++ 6)i completed the tutorial letter by letter and yet there was one error,so i copied the tutorial letter by letter still the same error(i even used the mesh from the tutorial).from the log:Command Lines
Creating temporary file "C:\DOCUME~1\giltia\LOCALS~1\Temp\RSP2F.tmp" with contents
[
/nologo /MLd /W3 /Gm /GX /ZI /Od /D "WIN32" /D "_DEBUG" /D "_CONSOLE" /D "_MBCS" /Fp"Debug/game.pch" /YX /Fo"Debug/" /Fd"Debug/" /FD /GZ /c
"C:\Documents and Settings\giltia\Desktop\game.cpp"
]
Creating command line "cl.exe @C:\DOCUME~1\giltia\LOCALS~1\Temp\RSP2F.tmp"
Output Window
Compiling...
Error spawning cl.exe

Results
game.obj - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
T101

Post by T101 »

If you ask me, your compiler isn't properly/fully installed - unless you have called your project cl...

Post by Guest »

cl is the visual c++ compiler i guess :)

one question: why do you place your cpp files on your desktop? that isnt very handy man! maybe you create some sort of a work folder :)

did you linked the lib file correctly? did you set your include, lib folder correctly?
maybe we can see your code ?
double99

Post by double99 »

i fixed that i had something out of place