Screenshot of the Month August 2011 [Winner Announced!]

Competitions for Irrlicht or 3D in general.
Irrlicht Screenshot of the Month: Winner for January, vote for February, submit for March

Screenshot of the month August

Poll ended at Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:12 pm

Xaryl - Midsummer Night
29%
Akano - WarDusk
29%
Lonesome Ducky - 2D animating tool
42%

Total votes: 38

fmx

Re: Screenshot of the Month August 2011 [Vote now!]

Post by fmx »

wow ducky, your 2D animation editor is looking very nice :D
Only 3 entries this month but all of them are worthy winners IMO
hendu

Post by hendu »

FWIW, there exists a free & powerful 2d animation tool called Synfig. If it's good enough to do anime in, it's good enough for anything else 2d animation IMHO.
Lonesome Ducky
Competition winner

Post by Lonesome Ducky »

hendu wrote:FWIW, there exists a free & powerful 2d animation tool called Synfig. If it's good enough to do anime in, it's good enough for anything else 2d animation IMHO.
Well, mine is mostly for image based animation for games. It can also export gifs and avis, but it was made mostly for myself as a way of creating 2D animated characters (such as a walking, shooting, alien) that I can easily load into my engine in irrlicht to use in games. I also plan on adding support for IK and spring physics, which I'm pretty sure Synfig does not have. Even if it did support those, it would be hard if not nearly impossible to find a way to import Synfig's proprietary format to something useful to me.

I'd also like to use it so that, should my game be completed, any player can use it to animate their own guns and add them to the game quickly and easily.
hendu

Post by hendu »

I take offense with "proprietary format" - it's Free Software afterall, with a capital F. Of course if you have your own file format with special needs, it may not make sense to use existing tools.
Lonesome Ducky
Competition winner

Post by Lonesome Ducky »

Sorry. In this instance I'm using proprietary format to mean something they designed themselves. It won't have the information I want or need, and will have a lot that I don't.
hendu

Post by hendu »

OK, you got me curious. What kind of info does your 2d animation format contain?
Strong99
Admin

Re: Screenshot of the Month August 2011 [Winner Announced!]

Post by Strong99 »

And this months winner is Lonesome Ducky with its screenshot 2D animating tool.

Congratulations!
hybrid
Admin

Re: Screenshot of the Month August 2011 [Winner Announced!]

Post by hybrid »

Congratulations. Despite the low number of participants it's IMHO still quite hard to win with a pure technical screenshot. Definitely an intereseting concept and app as well.