Irrlicht API Documentation Search function

Discuss about anything related to the Irrlicht Engine, or read announcements about any significant features or usage changes.
ACE247

Irrlicht API Documentation Search function

Post by ACE247 »

Irrlichts API Documentation is really well made, however it does appear lacking a search function to find those important little details hiding someplace in there.
So without further ado I just paste this link here so you can find those details.

Irrlicht API search Engine
Virror

Re: Irrlicht API Documentation Search function

Post by Virror »

Maybe this could be integrated into the API-page?
mongoose7

Post by mongoose7 »

You can do the same anytime you want just by using the 'site:' keyword.
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

Yeah, but a proper edit box with this one preset is of course helpful. But as it seems, doxygen now also has a search engine inside. Will check this on the next update when we will also move to doxygen 1.7.x
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

Ok, short update. I tested the update to doxygen 1.7.x and also updated the header and footer files this time. This means larger layout changes and a completely different style. But IMHO also far better usage and comprehensiveness. Moreover, also an integrated search function. Just check it out yourself. I've copied a version to the SF servers. Just note that this link won't be permanent. Once we figured out the proper style and with the next release of Irrlicht we will overwrite the existing API docs link and remove this temporary one!
http://irrlicht.sourceforge.net/docutemp/index.html
Please report any feedback here. I'll move this topic to Open Discussion. If someone feels that the search function should be kept in the FAQ forum anyway, we can create a new thread afterwards.
BTW: I've noticed that the member lists are not properly working. The layout is completely broken. Could be that I still have a wrong config item enabled, or doxygen has a problem. Or my header files are still not perfect. But something should be done there before we release this.
Virror

Post by Virror »

I like it! Very nice. Found no other issues than the member thing.
teto

Post by teto »

nice indeed
Using trunk with mingw/gcc 4.6, Windows 7 64 bits driver opengl
RdR
Competition winner

Post by RdR »

@hybrid,

Looks alot better than the current API documentation imo. Btw why not updating the irrlicht logo ?
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

Ah yeah, the logo. It's just the standard one because that was already in the scripts directory from where doxygen gets its data. So basically forgot to change it :wink: Will do next time I play around with it.
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

Update: I found the problem, was a missing stylesheet command in the header of the pages. Logo is now also updated and everything seems to be working. So just wait for the next Irrlicht release. Until then, the temporary docs will stay online - just not being updated to latest SVN/trunk code. So please don't rely on it.
ACE247

Post by ACE247 »

Wow looking great now! :) Going to be hard though, 'not to rely on it', the new docs are WAAAY better!
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

Well, it should stay there until we have a complete version online. So you just cannot rely on it being updated continuously. But besides that, it's good to use.