Irrlicht & C#

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
JP

Irrlicht & C#

Post by JP »

Salutations and all that!

So I'd like to use Irrlicht in a C# project but I'm having trouble finding something up to date...

Irrlicht.NET has been shut down and the suggested alternative of Irrlicht.NET CP doesn't seem to have had much attention of late.

I can't search the forum for C# as apparently that's too common so I guess starting a thread is the only approach really to see what people are using these days.

I think I found two different versions of Irrlicht.NET CP (possibly 0.8 and 1.6) but I've been having trouble running the code as IrrlichtW.dll isn't recognised properly. It seems like it might need building with a more recent version of VS but I've not managed to do that yet and figured asking around for anything more up to date might prove useful!

So yeah any advice you can give me on using Irrlicht in C# would be grand!

I'm probably not too bothered about having an up to date version of Irrlicht, just need render targets as a minimum really and they've been in Irrlicht for donkeys!
Image Image Image
Radikalizm

Re: Irrlicht & C#

Post by Radikalizm »

There's always Irrlicht Lime by greenya which seems like a decent .NET wrapper, haven't used it myself but I'm sure it does what you need it to do
Check out the projects forums
JP

Re: Irrlicht & C#

Post by JP »

Cheers for the fast response! Certainly looks more up to date than the others which didn't seem to have any updates for years!
Image Image Image