render problem

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
shan1986

render problem

Post by shan1986 »

Hi all,
I am new to Irrlicht. I tried example programs. but objects that are near the window border doesn't render properly (refer the screenshot). but example programs runs properly. Please let me know how to avoid this. thank you.
Howker

Re: render problem

Post by Howker »

I had the same problem when rendering using the software rendering device, when I changed it to Direct3D or OpenGl everything worked fine...
Welcome to the forums!
Last edited by Howker on Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eejin

Post by eejin »

As I heard the software renderer doesn't render a triangle when one of the vertices is out of the screen.
So if one of the three vertices of a triangle is out of sight then it is not rendered.
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

Yes, that's a limitation of the basic software renderer. The hardware accelerated drivers and burnigsvideo software driver do support proper clipping, though.
Mel
Competition winner

Post by Mel »

the software driver doesn't do triangle clipping. If you can't use HW drivers, resort to the burning's driver, which is also CPU based, but much more advanced. The software renderer is there for testing purposes, just to make sure that if nothing else works, there is a fallback driver that will provide support for the core utility of the engine.
"There is nothing truly useless, it always serves as a bad example". Arthur A. Schmitt
shan1986

Post by shan1986 »

Hi, Thanks to all. I changed it to EDT_OPENGL. now it works fine. :)