deepMesh [70% off] until xmas day

About finding textures, models, soundeffects, music and whatever else your game needs. Can contain advertisements from websites selling that stuff.
Innesoft

deepMesh [70% off] until xmas day

Post by Innesoft »

Irrlicht powered 3D modeller, deepMesh is 70% off until xmas day - only on Bitsdujour.
http://www.bitsdujour.com/software/innesoft-deepmesh/

Also, version 1.4 is coming in the new year, which you'll get as a free upgrade. More details on this will be posted in the main deepMesh thread, which you can find here...
http://irrlicht.sourceforge.net/forum/v ... t=deepmesh

As always, send your feature requests to support[at]innesoft[dot]com and they might make the next version.

Planned for v1.4 & 1.5.... :D
  • Shader support
  • More import/export formats
  • Vastly improved lightmapper
  • Scripting language
  • 3rd party plug-ins
  • More optimization tools
  • More modelling tools
Merry Xmas!! :mrgreen:
deepMesh v1.2 - Irrlicht powered 3D Modeler, Animator, UVMapper, Lightmapper
The Software Marketplace - Latest software deals on Games, Applications and Developer Tools
3DModelerMan

Re: deepMesh [70% off] until xmas day

Post by 3DModelerMan »

Alright! Plug-ins yes! What script language?
That would be illogical captain...

My first full game:
http://www.kongregate.com/games/3DModel ... tor#tipjar
Innesoft

Post by Innesoft »

3DModelerMan wrote:Alright! Plug-ins yes! What script language?
The scripting language will be a brand new custom language called 'deepScript'. Now's the time to send your suggestions for it - v1.4 will likely be in january, but the scripting will probably be ready for v1.5 shortly after.

There's already some major fixes in the unreleased v1.3c (which will become v1.4 when it's ready). Working feverishly on new features right now, so the next 2 updates will be pretty big, and if there's time - there'll be a brand new manual, tutorial videos.. etc.. etc.. :D
The Software Marketplace - Latest software deals on Games, Applications and Developer Tools
3DModelerMan

Post by 3DModelerMan »

So far my favorite scripting language is Angelscript, so something similar would be nice. Mainly, I think it should be built so that you define script functions that can be attached to toolbar buttons or menu items. They would get called when their button gets clicked. Also, for the plugin system: will we be able to provide our own lightmapping algorithms?
That would be illogical captain...

My first full game:
http://www.kongregate.com/games/3DModel ... tor#tipjar
christianclavet

Post by christianclavet »

Hi, Happy that a new release is coming. I have deepmesh since release 1.0.

Ok, my wishes are more of a level builder than one of a modeler. Most of the levels need to have buildings and environments and "levels/world creation tools" are really optimized for this kind of work. Their tool workflow are really fast and efficient.

I would really like to have a "builder brush" like I had in Valve Hammer editor. This tool allowed me to build a level in no time. UDK have one similar but for me the best was alway the workflow that Hammer used. (That brush rely heavily on grid snapping, that the user can change interactively when working with it). The "builder brush" is in fact a box that is "snapping" on the grid, you can move the box edges directly with the mouse. Look at this video here to understant what I mean...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KC-3-xK_clg

As another wish would be an interactive UV tool that could be used with the mouse to apply a "plane" on the surfaces of theses "brushes". Surfaces are tiled, but you can ajust the offset to make them match. With this it was really fast to create a wall of bricks on a level buildings.

Here is a workflow demonstration of those tool: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZ9nIafn ... re=related There is a ton of them on Youtube.

Here are some pictures of a level I made in 2009 using thoses brush tools. Exported it and rendered it in 3DS max so it look nice, all the modeling was done in Hammer, the base texture is the same than hammer. Only polished it a little in max:

Everything you see there was started from those "builder brushes" then modified, and duplicated for the need of the level. I made this environment in no time.
Innesoft

Post by Innesoft »

@christianclavet,

Thanks for a very detailed and easy to follow request. I'll definitely be taking these suggestions on board.

deepMesh already has CSG tools similar to valve's hammer editor, although this isn't the main way of modelling in dM - the option is there. I'll look into improving the workflow for this way of modelling (see the CSG section of the manual).

Also, the tilable textures feature in hammer is already in deepMesh. The option is available from the 'Materials' tab, by clicking 'Paint Mode', selecting 'paint triangles' and clicking the 'Auto-map' button near the bottom. This is another area which could benefit from easier workflow - will add to the list.

I guess what deepMesh needs more than anything is a set of decent tutorials, since many of the features are hidden away. There are plans for a new manual, tutorials and videos etc.. but this is very time consuming. :roll:

Here's a map I'm making in deepMesh v1.3c at the moment, which was built by subtracting cubes (cuboid split tool), reshaping, adding details, painting textures and lightmapping - all done in the editor. The shaders were added in-code...

Not especially impressive, but I'm a coder, not an artist. :lol:
hendu

Post by hendu »

I disagree, that's quite nice. There's some perspective problem with the grate box on the lower left, but otherwise looking good.
christianclavet

Post by christianclavet »

Wow! Thoses lightmaps are really nice! Good job on the level! I really like theses rounded corner pipes! (Theses are difficult to do in Hammer). Did you do also the lights props in deepMesh? Can textures be used as emissive for lightmapping? Thanks for the info about the texture tool, i didnt know about it.
Innesoft

Post by Innesoft »

christianclavet wrote:Wow! Thoses lightmaps are really nice! Good job on the level! I really like theses rounded corner pipes! (Theses are difficult to do in Hammer). Did you do also the lights props in deepMesh? Can textures be used as emissive for lightmapping? Thanks for the info about the texture tool, i didnt know about it.
Thanks, yeah everything you see there was done in deepMesh, except the shaders. The pipes are available as a primitive - you just click the 'pipe' button (top-right) of toolbar.

The light props were also done in dM, copy & pasted from another .dpm file. The emissive can be set in Materials-->Advanced Material Properties. :mrgreen:
ACE247

Post by ACE247 »

Holy Cramoly! I didn't know deepDesh was getting so good! Have it since version 1.0 so I think it is the Documentation that is in need of an upgrade most of all.
Virion
Competition winner

Post by Virion »

very nice. you should join monthly screenshot contest :D