zbrush fibre mesh

Post your questions, suggestions and experiences regarding to Image manipulation, 3d modeling and level editing for the Irrlicht engine here.
ACE247

Re: zbrush fibre mesh

Post by ACE247 »

No one is pressuring you, so, why are you so urgent about it? Mind you, I know why...
Klunk

Post by Klunk »

No. it is actual mesh consisting of vertices. I'll upload the model later if you don't believe me (Can be freely edited in edit mode.)
it's mesh when the engine converts the particle strands at render time and then just into strips. what you are showing there is 1 pixel lines which are unlit viewport indicators to show where the renderer will generate the mesh. and yes it will have vertices but you need more than verts to make a mesh. Why don't you make the hair on your spider much thicker say x5 and maybe thinner at the tips then it would, if a mesh , light properly in the viewport.
Cube_
Location: 0x45 61 72 74 68 2c 20 69 6e 20 74 68 65 20 73 6f 6c 20 73 79 73 74 65 6d

Post by Cube_ »

it's mesh when the engine converts the particle strands at render time and then just into strips. what you are showing there is 1 pixel lines which are unlit viewport indicators to show where the renderer will generate the mesh. and yes it will have vertices but you need more than verts to make a mesh. Why don't you make the hair on your spider much thicker say x5 and maybe thinner at the tips then it would, if a mesh , light properly in the viewport.
no... edges will render if the material setting is either halo or wire. I could make it thicker. but I'd rather use curves.
I could light ir properly. but I was going for a dark scene.
"this is not the bottleneck you are looking for"