Changing of cursor type

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
etcaptor

Changing of cursor type

Post by etcaptor »

Hi all,
I cannot found in Irrlicht help some function for changing of irr cursor type. It is arrow by default. Well, some ideas for loading of custom cursors?

Thanks in advance.
Tyn

Post by Tyn »

Currently there is no way to change the cursor. You can however hack your own cursor by getting an image and clipping it to the cursor position every frame. By doing this however, you will not be able to interact with GUI elements as it will act as though the image is below the cursor, so blocking it from clicking on buttons etc.
etcaptor

Post by etcaptor »

I wonder whether is possible to use some windows functions like SetCursor.
Tyn

Post by Tyn »

Definatly possible, not compatable with Linux which to me isn't acceptable. Irrlicht can support Linux so I think getting a way to do cursor images that is cross platform would be a good idea.

I'm having a think about it, I think that it should be possible to create a class like GUICursor or something. I think I can remove it from the event receiver so that Irrlicht doesn't think the cursor image is in the way of any GUI elements, I'll have to look at it.
XargoL

Post by XargoL »

Like Tyn said, you could hack it like done in this tutorial.
DarkWhoppy

Post by DarkWhoppy »

etcaptor

Post by etcaptor »

Thanks all for the help. :lol: