OpenXDK

You are an experienced programmer and have a problem with the engine, shaders, or advanced effects? Here you'll get answers.
No questions about C++ programming or topics which are answered in the tutorials!
SKY_WALKER

OpenXDK

Post by SKY_WALKER »

Can any one help-me?
I need to know, if is possible do anything with OpenXDK + IrrLicht (like sound, 2D and 3D graphics with a good resolution...), or i need to use the official XDK from Microsoft?
I want to make a game, but not a PC game, a console game is so much fine...
8)
stampsm

Post by stampsm »

the openxdk is currently lacking a way to do 3d graphics right now. they only have one guy i believe right now working on it and that is in his spare time. if anyone wants the openxdk to mature they need to get several experienced developers who can reverse engineer assembly code and that understand gnu compilier tools really well. it's main problem is there are probably 10000 people who want to use it and only 1-2 who will actually work on improving it to be useable.
stampsm

Post by stampsm »

actually they got doom to work on the xbox using openxdk with sdl. so it may be possible to use irrlicht with a sdl port and software 3d graphics on the xbox and be completely legal. :D
it would be slower since it would be software rendering, but it would be fun experimenting with it.
SKY WALKER

Post by SKY WALKER »

So... the best way is use IrrLict with the original Micro$oft XBOX SDK (XDK)...
EHEHEHE
:twisted:

I´m sooo BAD!!!
demogorgon

Post by demogorgon »

The probs is to make this possible. :)

Did you use xdk and Irrlicht ?

I have a probs to compile it for xbox

Post by Guest »

In the news it says changes to make it easier to compile for Xbox. I have been unsuccessful in compiling irrlicht also.

Is there a new vcproj for xbox or am I just missing something?
SKY_WALKER

Beginner in XBOX + Irrlicht projects

Post by SKY_WALKER »

Well, I´m just a beginner in XBOX + Irrlicht projects.... :cry:
If anyone knows how to use M$ XDK + Irrlicth, please help-me.
:roll:
demogorgon

Post by demogorgon »

Help hus :)
dg3z

Post by dg3z »

Talking about console games, i know this is a *little* off topic but what kind of graphics libraries does ps2 use? It´s possible to (easily) port this engine to it? Is that i heard that it´s possible to use sdl (http://www.libsdl.org) with ps2...
exal

Post by exal »

PS2 is one of the most akward platforms to program made in the recent years. Almost none of the code would survive if you wanted any speed at all in irrlicht.
Jedive

Post by Jedive »

I want to make a game, but not a PC game, a console game is so much fine...
And so much expensive.
nitroman

Post by nitroman »

I know it's possible to run Linux on a ps2
http://www.us.playstation.com/periphera ... SCPH-97047

And Irrlicht is compatible with linux, so maybe it's possible to play an Irrlicht game on a ps2

Post by Guest »

:shock: COOOOOL....
What do you think about make a group to try to do this!!!
T101

Post by T101 »

I may be wrong here, but if I understand correctly, the PS/2 3D hardware works differently than OpenGL and DirectX.
Doesn't mean it's impossible to port to that type of hardware, but it'll be a lot of work - and presumably 3D is the main attraction of Irrlicht in this, so you can't really ignore it.
exal

Post by exal »

Don't even think about porting irrlicht to PS2. It's an almost impossible mission. The code is completely different and you need to split the engine operations over three processors ee, vu0 and vu1 which needs to be used in a slightly magic way.

Trust me on this one :)