Don't insult others - Play nice

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
Dogs

Post by Dogs »

Ok and ill say my two cents worth again...
If you know anything about programming its that everyone sets there code up a bit dfferent and that things may need to be in a bit diff order or will end up looking compleatly diff in the end but still serve the same purpose..
So again Ill say I think its not fair to not help others out and then latter on like ive seen everyone here do just about lol, Go and think your better then they are and post a question of you own.. If you cant help others then I and many others will soon follow suit and not help you as well..
And then you fall back into this topic I said before and this engine will soon die from lack of comunity....
So go ahead and be this way anyone that is will only hurt the project in the long run..

Again Ill agree that some post are rather simple questions that have been asked many times over and over and they do become anoying but we all started as newbies here and wanted the same questions answered or close to them at one time or another too....
The search isnt really the best to use here I am stuck using it because I get no responce to my question, So I search and search and get nothing back but garbage that has nothing to do with the question at hand..
So I can understand how someone would get upset and just say screw it and post a repetitive question here...

I just hope that this FAQ works that is posted here and helps the new people out and maybe then people will not be so upset about multiple postings and then maybe people will begin to repond to questions again.. :( Its just a shame to see it this way..
Tyn

Post by Tyn »

Yeah, the search thing isn't perfect, especially considering the number of posts in the forum now. I think most people are ok with answering the same question again a few times as long as people at least try to find it themselves.

Even just a quick scan of the forum section titles to see if anything helps you, it shows the last 20 posts or so. If the question wasn't asked 20 posts ago then it is probably resonable to ask it again if you couldn't find it. When you get the same question asked 3 times in a week then it gets a little silly. The problem is that if people start glazing over posts because they are all the same question when some people genuinely couldn't find the question and needs the help. It'd be nice if those guys could get their questions answered quickly.

Stuff like this helps too:
http://irrlicht.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/ ... highlight=