Homepage Developer - Hire me for FREE!

Discussion about everything. New games, 3d math, development tips...
gamescore

Homepage Developer - Hire me for FREE!

Post by gamescore »

@moderators: This is NO advertising, i just want to help users with publish their games.

You need a homepage, but don't have the knowledge to programm one on your own?
Then please send me an private message, i would like to programm a website (with design and almost everything you wish (except of advanced things like forum, serach and complex image sliders).
I want to do this for FREE and just to train my php, mysql and html knowledge and to spread the link to my homepage (just a little link in the impressum).

So if you are interrested in getting a homepage for free, please send me a private message.
kazymjir

Re: Homepage Developer - Hire me for FREE!

Post by kazymjir »

New to web development?
I can provide you titles of a few of good books which I was learning when I was beginner:

Zend - PHP 5.3 Certification Study Guide
Bruce Perens' Open Source Series - PHP 5 Power Programming
Oracle - MySQL 5 Certification Study Guide
John J. Patrick - SQL Fundamentals
O'Reilly - SQL and Relational Theory

And the best learning sources: PHP online documentation, MySQL online documentation... and Google!
Read also a lot of open source code, like PhpMyAdmin project, etc.

Maybe not directly related to web development, but will help you to develop bigger projects in future:
Robert C. Martin Series - Clean Code, A Handbook of Agile Software Craftsmanship
Addison-Wesley - Design Patterns: Elements of Reusable Object-Oriented Software

If you are going to learn frameworks I can recommend ZendFramework and these books:
PHP Architect's - Guide to Programming with Zend Framework

IMPORTANT!!!! NEVER EVER THINK ABOUT THE FRAMEWORKS BEFORE YOU MASTER THE LANGUAGE!
If you will start learning the frameworks before you master the language, mastering it later will be harder.
You must know language perfectly before you will go to such facilitates like the frameworks.
gamescore

Post by gamescore »

beginner? not really, i programmed about 10 homepages with registraion, professional design (with photoshop), mysql guestbook, online websiteeditor, etc)
But you are right, i'm still no pro

I haven't ever read a book about programming, i think lerning by doing is a lot better and a book is just a reference.
But thanks for that interresting links.
kazymjir

Post by kazymjir »

Learning by doing is sure, the best way of learning, but you will need solid theory - sooner or later.
I work professionally as web developer and I am ofter hired to work on code made by self-learners who learned how to code only this way - only by "doing".
Most of such code is a huge mess. Mixed HTML, JS, CSS, PHP, SQL - all in one file. No object oriented programming, only sometimes a few poorly designed classes.
Non optimized, poorly written SQL queries, often without proper JOIN usage. Lots of security issues. Complete lack of organization in file structure.
Don't be one of a such coders, learn language theory, learn software engineering theories, learn from professional code, and become professional.
randomMesh

Post by randomMesh »

I too think that you're a beginner, you even use wrong terms.
It's called a 'website', the homepage is the first/front page (home) of a website.
"Whoops..."
gamescore

Post by gamescore »

no!!
and i the reason why i started this thread is, that i want to programm WEBSITES for others and not to start a discussion about my programming skills.