GeoMipMap test - UPDATE

Discuss about anything related to the Irrlicht Engine, or read announcements about any significant features or usage changes.
zola

Post by zola »

same error as dingo
If you could add the irrlicht.dll your using? Maybe it doesn't work at my place because I'm using an irrlicht version I compiled myself.

Post by Guest »

300 fps per second, no crashes

tested on my notebook:
pentium 4 2,8 ghz ht
ati radeon mobility 9600
512 mb ddr ram

on windows xp home sp1.

works perfect :wink:
nutterx

Post by nutterx »

zola wrote:same error as dingo
If you could add the irrlicht.dll your using? Maybe it doesn't work at my place because I'm using an irrlicht version I compiled myself.
it ain't in irrlicht yet, that demo is just with regular opengl ....i just wanted it loading heightmaps first before it goes into irrlicht ....it does render using immediate mode which is what irrlicht is doing so it should intergrate just nicely.

I have allready started porting it over to irrlicht i would say it's about 50% complete ...that is why i ain't too worried about the errors some of you are getting, i will be using irrlicht's drawing primitives so there is a good chance the crashing is something todo with my opengl implementation i was using in that demo (it obviouslly doesn't like nvidia cards :wink: )

What i would like to see is VBO support in some of the irrlicht drawing primitives, hopefully NX++ will implement that because that will greatly improve the speed not only for my new scenenode but for many others allready in irrlicht. If it ain't done i will have a go at doing it myself but that is further down my list of TODO's atm :wink:

O yeah i think i will release a new Image loader with this Geomip terrain node to handle RAW images too
brcolow

Post by brcolow »

Wow, this is a win-win situtation! Awesome terrain AND .raw image loading. Simply awesome man.

Also, NX++ was finished about 2 days ago and I think it is planned to have VBO support added...if this is VBO support, that is: http://www.irrlichtnx.mmdevel.de/phpBB2 ... .php?t=210

Anyways, nice work so far man! Keep us posted! :)
G'Day.
dingo

Post by dingo »

I haven't seen it because it crashed so don't flame me if the answer is obvious but does it use OpgnGL control points and splines? I know I had a few problems when I was attempting LOD terrain with OpenGL control points between NVidia and ATI.
-= Want your C code to control real life robots? www.users.on.net/~symes =-
nutterx

Post by nutterx »

dingo wrote:I haven't seen it because it crashed so don't flame me if the answer is obvious but does it use OpgnGL control points and splines? I know I had a few problems when I was attempting LOD terrain with OpenGL control points between NVidia and ATI.
no it doesn't
nutterx

Post by nutterx »

ok just an update ....i have been checking out nx++ quite a bit and i have decided i am dumping this normal irrlicht and will not be updating these forums again ;-)

due to some really great work some people have done on nx++ i am totally scrapping what i have done so far and i am re-writing all the code to support VBO's which will be in nx++ . Yes this will delay you guys getting a new terrainNode but the benefits will be more than worth it ....i'll update irrlichtnx forums when we got something to test.

Cheers