_ZSt9terminatev could not be located

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
Stauricus

_ZSt9terminatev could not be located

Post by Stauricus »

hello everybody
i'm having a problem setting up the new Irrlicht 1.8

what i did:
installed Code::Blocks with MinGW
downloaded Irrlicht 1.8
created a folder "Irrlicht" that contains a "lib" folder (which contains the files from "irrlicht-1.8/lib/Win32-gcc" and the Irrlicht.dll) and a "include" folder (which contains the files from "irrlicht-1.8/include").
on the code::blocks project options, i made the links to the lib and compile folders correctly (as in any other sdk).
also copy/pasted Irrlicht.dll in the project's folder.

now, every time i try to compile an aplication that uses Irrlicht library, it gives the following error:
the procedure entry point _ZSt9terminatev could not be located in the dynamic link library libstdc++-6.dll
if i try to run any code without Irrlicht, it works fine. SFML runs with no problems.
createDevice function is enough to make the error appear.

after some search, it seems that is a problem with GCC and Irrlicht. should i recompile from the source? (i don't really understand what that would change, as i'm really newbie). btw, i've tried it, and Code::Blocks produced a Irrlicht.dll of about 30mb in size :shock:

any help is apreciated. thanks in advance.
hybrid
Admin

Re: _ZSt9terminatev could not be located

Post by hybrid »

Well, then does this new dll work? I'd also guess that the mingw versions did not cooperate properly.
CuteAlien
Admin

Post by CuteAlien »

Hm, maybe I used a newer libstdc++ when creating that dll. I should probably have used an older version, but I'm always a little unsure how to have several gcc/libc/libstdc++ versions side by side in MinGW.

So yeah - please try recompiling the engine. Use the c::b project file, select "Win32 - release - accurate math" (my c::b doesn't show the rest of the name, so I have 2 with that name - I think the first one was dll, the other one static library). And to have a smaller size you can use -s in the build options which will strip all symbols from the binary (meaning you don't have debug information in there anymore).
IRC: #irrlicht on irc.libera.chat
Code snippet repository: https://github.com/mzeilfelder/irr-playground-micha
Free racer made with Irrlicht: http://www.irrgheist.com/hcraftsource.htm
Stauricus

Post by Stauricus »

wow!
hybrid, no, that dll (30mb) wasn't working,
CuteAlien, i did what you said, and now it's working :o
it generated a dll file of about 6mb, and this one does the job.

the 30mb dll i had created before was made with de "Win32 - Debug Release", and didn't worked. i know that the problem is now solved, but i'd like to know what's the difference between these. just for curiosity.
the only issue i have is that is doesn't start Directx - it says something like "directx8 is not in this dll". but nevermind, i won't be using it.

from now on, i'll try to compile the SDKs i use, instead of downloading specific MinGW versions for the SDKs. :mrgreen: it's so easier.

oh, and what's that "fast math" release? could i just use that one too, to make faster applications (and less accurate, i guess)?
another question, just for curiosity: what is the difference between these dlls compiled with different MinGW versions?

thanks for the answers and the help :)