Need assistance with AI SEE ME & ATTACK ME

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
dawasw

Need assistance with AI SEE ME & ATTACK ME

Post by dawasw »

Hello again, instead of eating my keyboard in cause of non good map editor for irrlicht, maybe i would try from something else. ANYONE MADE A LITTLE ai SIMPLE, EASY function, where md2 will go up right below mine fps camera eyes and attack me ?? Any types of this little ai function or any sugesstions would be very nice. I mean lovely. (But please , DON'T tell me -> GO LEARN c++ YOU n00b) ((don't tell mu such thing because i'm too lazy and crazy of computer software bugs to do something with learning of c++, i mean window$ already made me sooo nervous that i sometimes think about playing "monitor ping-pong" )
Robomaniac

Post by Robomaniac »

Go Learn C++ you noob ;) (semi-j/k)

Sorry, but to get anywhere in game programming, you can't be lazy, and you prolly should lean some c++ or programming in general
The Robomaniac
Project Head / Lead Programmer
Centaur Force

Post by Guest »

learning c++ would definetly help ya.

now here's one thing ive learned: when you wanna figure out how to do something, it doesnt hurt to take a glance at the way its been done before, even in simple cases, and figure out whats really happening for yourself.

the problem with AI is that it is not simple.

Take it slow, the progress will be rewarding and feel great.

http://www.cprogramming.com is a great start!
dawasw

Post by dawasw »

Hmm maybe you are right...
Tyn

Post by Tyn »

What I would do is to have a function that is called every frame and handle the AI. So, it may check if an enemy is visible and if it is then stop doing what it was doing and attack, or carry on patrolling ( or whatever else you have them doing ).
dingo

Post by dingo »

Also try researching on gamedev.net and similar places AI.

You'll get some great introductory material and then you'll be able to tell others the theory behind it as well as using it
-= Want your C code to control real life robots? www.users.on.net/~symes =-