Strange compiling quirks

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
Tyn

Strange compiling quirks

Post by Tyn »

Hello ( seems I spend more and more time moaning nowadays :D )

I have some code that I have modified from the examples. I started writing it straight in the Example 2 project file, compiled it and it worked fine. Then I made a new project, kept it in the examples folder for now, created the new .cpp file and copied the code across. Now when I compile it says unresolved symbol. Is it something to do with the project settings?
stampsm

Post by stampsm »

you need to include the libraries and the includes
ifyou using dev cpp there is a tutorial on the tutorial page about this
if msvc++ i think the first tutorial tells how to do this
Tyn

Post by Tyn »

Do you mean setting up the library and header paths for the compiler? I got VC++ and already done that, plus I got the #include calls at the top of my file so I don't know why it doesn't work :?
stampsm

Post by stampsm »

did you copy and paste or just retype
Tyn

Post by Tyn »

Edited the example file .cpp to include a status bar at the bottom. It compiled fine in the project, but when I copied the code and made a new project it wouldn't compile.
Tyn

Post by Tyn »

This gets stranger and stranger...

It's definatly not the engine, it's the workspace file that is created. I went through the workspace files from the examples and the one I created and they were slight differences ( apart from German comments ). I copied the differences from the example ( apart from the German comments obviously ) over to the workspace I created and it works. Has anyone else seen this? If it helps I can give a list of the differences, but if anyone else has seen this before they may recognise the errors. Not a major problem just a slight pain in the arse :)