Alternate gravity affector

Discuss about anything related to the Irrlicht Engine, or read announcements about any significant features or usage changes.
Rush

Alternate gravity affector

Post by Rush »

The original gravity particle affector behaves in a weird way - the particles have constant speed when falling, which IMHO looks unnatural and ugly. I've written a small fix to make them accelerate over the time they're falling down, like they should according to physics:

< I removed the code because it doesn't really make any difference - see post below. Besides, I kinda messed it up with previous edit >
Last edited by Rush on Wed Dec 15, 2004 10:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Electron

Post by Electron »

looks good
paerhaps there should be a variable in the ParticleGravityAffector class to specify what rate the particle should accelerate at.
You do a lot of programming? Really? I try to get some in, but the debugging keeps me pretty busy.

Crucible of Stars
Spintz

Post by Spintz »

Would be cool to also have the ability to set a terminal velocity, or maximum speed that gravity can accelerate you to?

Cool, nevertheless.
Rush

Post by Rush »

Hmm... I noticed that you _could_ achieve the same effect by using the default code with a very high timeForceLost. I guess that the change's worthless :/