[FORUM BUG] Can't log in using firefox

You discovered a bug in the engine, and you are sure that it is not a problem of your code? Just post it in here. Please read the bug posting guidelines first.
Cube_
Location: 0x45 61 72 74 68 2c 20 69 6e 20 74 68 65 20 73 6f 6c 20 73 79 73 74 65 6d

[FORUM BUG] Can't log in using firefox

Post by Cube_ »

As the title says I can't log in with firefox, but it works great with chrome.

Some info
Firefox V17.0
Addons that might (maybe) cause issues? Nope, no addons at all.
DNS cache, browser cache and cookies have been flushed (Always trying the simple things first)

The sourceforge FAQ says this
Why can’t I login?
There are several reasons why this could occur. First, ensure your username and password are correct. If they are, contact the board owner to make sure you haven’t been banned. It is also possible the website owner has a configuration error on their end, and they would need to fix it.
Any ideas?

P.S Wasn't sure where to place this thread, if it is in the wrong place then please move it.
"this is not the bottleneck you are looking for"
hybrid
Admin

Re: [FORUM BUG] Can't log in using firefox

Post by hybrid »

Well, two things. First update, Firefox is at version 20.0 as of today. Second, just retry. Shouldn't be a long-standing problem if there is any. Sometimes the SF servers have some hic-up.
CuteAlien
Admin

Post by CuteAlien »

Also - did you ensure username/password was indeed correct? Maybe the problem is just what it said...
IRC: #irrlicht on irc.libera.chat
Code snippet repository: https://github.com/mzeilfelder/irr-playground-micha
Free racer made with Irrlicht: http://www.irrgheist.com/hcraftsource.htm
REDDemon
Developer

Post by REDDemon »

i have most recent firefox and oworks quite well :/.
Junior Irrlicht Developer.
Real value in social networks is not about "increasing" number of followers, but about getting in touch with Amazing people.
- by Me
Cube_
Location: 0x45 61 72 74 68 2c 20 69 6e 20 74 68 65 20 73 6f 6c 20 73 79 73 74 65 6d

Post by Cube_ »

Okai, let's break the replies up one by one
Update firefox, not admin no-can-do
Retry, retried arbitrarily for the last two weeks
Yes, my username and password are correct, this is checked, double checked and triple checked (Besides I got the login successful screen) I even wrote the password manually in a text editor to inspect that I typed it right, copied it and pasted it in chrome, the login worked. The same procedure for firefox didn't work quite as well.

Ah well, going to assume it is some obscure cause related to the computer I am on.
Nadro

Post by Nadro »

Maybe try to login on a new firefox profile (run by: "firefox -p", create and use new profile).
Library helping with network requests, tasks management, logger etc in desktop and mobile apps: https://github.com/GrupaPracuj/hermes
Cube_

Post by Cube_ »

Didn't work, at least I can log in through my primary computer (and as mentioned the schools computer has chrome so it is only a minor annoyance) I might as well just dismiss this as one of the FUBAR policies that they follow (I dunno, I can't connect to anything if I suffix it with a port e.g google.com:80)