CAnimatedMeshSceneNode + attached scene nodes drag

You discovered a bug in the engine, and you are sure that it is not a problem of your code? Just post it in here. Please read the bug posting guidelines first.
BrianATSI

CAnimatedMeshSceneNode + attached scene nodes drag

Post by BrianATSI »

In Irrlicht 1.8, If I attach scene nodes to an CAnimatedMeshSceneNode joint and move the scene around, the attached scene nodes seem to look like they drag behind.

I traced the issue to the OnAnimate( ) function. When OnAnimate is called... it calls getMeshForCurrentFrame() and inside that function it updates the joints absolute position BEFORE the parent node gets it's absolute position set (inside ISceneNode::OnAnimate() ).

To fix this problem I have to update the nodes absolute position each time it moves ahead of the scene manager's call to OnAnimate.
BrianATSI

Re: CAnimatedMeshSceneNode + attached scene nodes drag

Post by BrianATSI »

Also to note, the OnAnimate for the CBoneSceneNode is overridden and the updateAbsolutePosition is currently commented out. This makes it impossible to have position up-to-date for child nodes because the joint is always one frame behind on updating it's position inside OnAnimate from inside the CAnimatedMeshSceneNode