[fixed]1.8 and 1.8.1 GUI and GUI Editor BUG

You discovered a bug in the engine, and you are sure that it is not a problem of your code? Just post it in here. Please read the bug posting guidelines first.
Midnight

[fixed]1.8 and 1.8.1 GUI and GUI Editor BUG

Post by Midnight »

Ok I have been debugging and working out problems while switching IDE/Compiler once again.

This bug is a typo in IGUISkin since 1.8 apparently. It's one of those really silly things, you're going to laugh when you realize.

LINE 222 of IGUISkin.h

"ButtonPressedImageOffsetY" should be
"ButtonPressedImageOffsetY",

There is a missing comma on this line. It causes a bug in serialization that translates to a mangled output from the GUI editor. I'm probably the only one using the editor ATM so I'm probably the only one that would notice this.

On an unrelated (at least I think unrelated) note. I'm also unable to load the GUI.xml files even after fixing them. However the editor seems to have no problem loading old gui-xml-files and saving them again with the wonderful new features and bug. Perhaps someone has insight as to why my GUI files won't load?

UPDATE: little status update, apparently my loading problem has nothing to do with this bug. However, the bug having been stumbled upon by pure chance is still there none-the-less. I ran my project outside of my IDE with only having fixed the bug and was able to load gui fine at that point.
CuteAlien
Admin

Re: 1.8 and 1.8.1 GUI and GUI Editor BUG

Post by CuteAlien »

Ah, my bug - sorry. Fixed now in svn release branch 1.8 and svn trunk.
IRC: #irrlicht on irc.libera.chat
Code snippet repository: https://github.com/mzeilfelder/irr-playground-micha
Free racer made with Irrlicht: http://www.irrgheist.com/hcraftsource.htm
Midnight

Re: [fixed]1.8 and 1.8.1 GUI and GUI Editor BUG

Post by Midnight »

*kowtow*