[Blender] Model appearing upside down in Irrlicht

Post your questions, suggestions and experiences regarding to Image manipulation, 3d modeling and level editing for the Irrlicht engine here.
RonnieNeeley

[Blender] Model appearing upside down in Irrlicht

Post by RonnieNeeley »

Hey all,

I was playing around with importing this model into Irrlicht, however when I do, it's upside down. My other models I've made/rigged are fine. Been crawling through all of the parameters, applied all locations/rotations/scales, etc., but still no progress after about 2 hours of experimentation / googling.

Would appreciate it if someone could take a look!

https://s3.amazonaws.com/ezs3ac34a26aa3 ... nish.blend

Thanks,
Ronnie
RonnieNeeley

Re: [Blender] Model appearing upside down in Irrlicht

Post by RonnieNeeley »

Spent the past 2 days looking into this more, and still no progress.

Hoping someone much more knowledgeable than I can help out!

Will post here if I make any breakthroughs, but not holding my breath at this point.
chronologicaldot
Competition winner

Post by chronologicaldot »

I would just save it as upside down in Blender rather than trying to flip in in irrlicht. Then again, I know very little about Blender's file format, so maybe that has something to do with it.
If you try to flip it in irrlicht, you could change the vertices by flipping all the z-axis values in a for-loop. Sorry I can't offer more help.
mongoose7

Post by mongoose7 »

Just scale in the Y-direction - node->setScale(1, -1, 1).

The model doesn't have any animation in Blender, does it?
RonnieNeeley

Post by RonnieNeeley »

chronologicaldot wrote:I would just save it as upside down in Blender rather than trying to flip in in irrlicht. Then again, I know very little about Blender's file format, so maybe that has something to do with it.
If you try to flip it in irrlicht, you could change the vertices by flipping all the z-axis values in a for-loop. Sorry I can't offer more help.
I did that (making it upside down in Blender)- but it was then at a weird angle in Irrlicht. No idea why.

Ended up just re-rigging it, which fixed the problem.

Thanks for the input guys!