Terrain Texturing Problems

You are an experienced programmer and have a problem with the engine, shaders, or advanced effects? Here you'll get answers.
No questions about C++ programming or topics which are answered in the tutorials!
the burning realm

Terrain Texturing Problems

Post by the burning realm »

Hello, I am currently working on a mmorpg and trying to texture my terrain in a specific way.

The game is tile based so each tile is 64x64 pixels, I am using my own code to create vertices then put them into an SMesh and then texture it. The whole terrain is 960 by 960 tiles however it is broken down and loaded into chunks of 96 x96 tiles. As a result of this my texture for the whole terrain is 961 by 961 pixels, and I want each tile to be one solid color, almost like the one shown in the picture below:

In this example, you can clearly see the tiles and they each have a slightly different colour.

here is the exmaple of my game:
The colour is placed at each point (vertex), and the tile becomes a merged result of the 4 colours. Is there any way I can make the tile 1 solid color with no blending.

Any advice is appreciated. Thankyou
hendu

Re: Terrain Texturing Problems

Post by hendu »

Use point sampling (= disable bilinear, trilinear, and aniso). Also, 961 pixels is off by one, 960 tiles -> 960 pixels.
the burning realm

hendu wrote:Use point sampling (= disable bilinear, trilinear, and aniso). Also, 961 pixels is off by one, 960 tiles -> 960 pixels.
Hi thanks for the reply. I'll look at them settings and see if they work.

960 tiles = 961 points wide though, so its one pixel per point on the terrain.
the burning realm

You're Amazing!! THANKYOU!
hendu

Post by hendu »

You don't want one pixel per vertex, you want one pixel per center of tile.