CFileSystem::removeFileArchive not handling Windows path

You discovered a bug in the engine, and you are sure that it is not a problem of your code? Just post it in here. Please read the bug posting guidelines first.
robmar

CFileSystem::removeFileArchive not handling Windows path

Post by robmar »

CFileSystem::removeFileArchive is not handling Windows path backstrokes, it uses internally forward stroke as the separator, so the compare function is failing under windows.
chronologicaldot
Competition winner

Re: CFileSystem::removeFileArchive not handling Windows path

Post by chronologicaldot »

You could always write a function that changes the windows paths and make that function active if _MSC_VER is defined. Working with the forward stroke is easier since it isn't the escape character and thus we wouldn't be scanning for \\ every time we mess with path strings.
robmar

Post by robmar »

Yes, that´s what I´ve done using Irrlicht .replace function.

Thought that should be incorporated into Irrlicht as if not the archives don´t get released under windows and there is no error message.
CuteAlien
Admin

Post by CuteAlien »

Yeah, should probably be handled by Irrlicht. Sorry, I'm not working on Irrlicht for a few more weeks, but will go through the bug reports again when I'm back next month.
IRC: #irrlicht on irc.libera.chat
Code snippet repository: https://github.com/mzeilfelder/irr-playground-micha
Free racer made with Irrlicht: http://www.irrgheist.com/hcraftsource.htm
robmar

Post by robmar »

Its a lot of work right, and I mean the DX11 driver, that must be a headache too!

Constant moving targets, soon it will be DX12, and then there is the new AMD driver for heterogeneous CPU-PU memory...