player body physic with newton

You are an experienced programmer and have a problem with the engine, shaders, or advanced effects? Here you'll get answers.
No questions about C++ programming or topics which are answered in the tutorials!
markk

Post by markk »

first of all, congratulation for your work, it is fantastic and very interesting.

I liked the scheme of the application, with the class CAPP what load and erase the levels of program, very good.

In my opinion, we can learn much of physics , and multiplayer with your project

I would like a tutorial about the scheme of physics in your program (irrlicht with newton) with some source code of example and the most important the scheme and source code of a multiplayer program.

it is to say, who calls to who, when, with what APIS,.. etc. summarizing, how it assembles and how it works the physics and multiplayer in your program, in addition of a small scheme of the architecture of your application

Pardon my english, i hope you can understand it, very thanks
Ronin

Post by Ronin »

I would like to see physics integration in several steps. First of course collision, timestepping and applying forces and torques to get a real looking behaviour. Then in further steps joints, hinges, water, ragdoll and other advanced stuff like that. I know there are tutorials on that issues in the newton sdk, but implemented in irrlicht and with a good explanation text it would be a lot more useful and easier to understand for people who are not so advanced in that topic. Merciors tutorial is great, but with all together in one app it is a bit too complex.
YASS - Yet Another Space Shooter - www.yass-engine.de
oconv

Post by oconv »

as the the build in collison detection is too slow with large polycounts, i would like to see an example on how to replace irrlicht's collision detection for an fps camera with the newton engine. maybe you could use tutorial 7 as a starting point.

thanks alot