The calls to the light manager.

You discovered a bug in the engine, and you are sure that it is not a problem of your code? Just post it in here. Please read the bug posting guidelines first.
Mel
Competition winner

The calls to the light manager.

Post by Mel »

I've been tracing the calls to the light manager, and i have found something a bit odd in my opinion

First, there is case on the interface that is never taken into account, which is when the transparent effects pass has ended. It doesn't matter much because it is exactly the same moment when the render end callback is called, thus anything that has to happen between those calls can be put in the render end, but the rest of the callbacks are done in this order:

Skybox pass
Skybox pass ends
Solid pass
Solid pass ends
Shadow pass (Ok)
Transparent pass <-- ? shouldn't end the shadow pass before?
Shadow pass ends
Transparent pass ends
Transparent pass <-- Transparent pass happens twice??
Transparent pass ends
Transparent effects pass
(no transparent effects pass ends is taken into account...?)

Is this order correct? I mean, shouldn't the Shadow pass end before the transparent pass started or am i missing something? because it may induce to perform twice the operations expeceted to happen when the transparent pass is about to happen, resulting in a potential loss of performance. Each line there may have associated a callback which normally it is expected to happen only once.

This happens on the SVN version 4977 and later.
"There is nothing truly useless, it always serves as a bad example". Arthur A. Schmitt