Visual Studio - Missing OGLES Headers

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
IrrlichtForiOS

Visual Studio - Missing OGLES Headers

Post by IrrlichtForiOS »

Checked out the OGLES Development brach and opened an VS Example. getting errors that, for example, "GLES/egl.h" can not be found.

What is to do to solve this? Thanks!
Nadro

Re: Visual Studio - Missing OGLES Headers

Post by Nadro »

Which OGL SDK dou you use on Windows? In upcoming days I'll merge ogl-es branch with trunk with a lot of improvements for OGL driver - eg. shared OpenGL driver code partially available in trunk now. After that I'll be able to finally send a commit with the new iOS/OSX projects.
Library helping with network requests, tasks management, logger etc in desktop and mobile apps: https://github.com/GrupaPracuj/hermes
IrrlichtForiOS

Post by IrrlichtForiOS »

We are trying to use Open GL 2, but we don't know how to embed Open GL into the VS project
AReichl

Post by AReichl »

I also have a problem with the latest trunk and gcc/MinGW:

In the new file COGLCoreCacheHandler.h the function call glUseProgram(programID)
seems not to be known to the compiler.
IrrlichtForiOS

Post by IrrlichtForiOS »

We are getting > 300 Errors with missing functions... What would we have to do?
Nadro

Post by Nadro »

@IrrlichtForiOS
If you want to use just OpenGL in ogl-es branch, please comment following definitions: _IRR_COMPILE_WITH_OGLES1_ and _IRR_COMPILE_WITH_OGLES2_ in irrCompileConfig.h.

@AReichl
Thanks for information, I'll fix it today.
Library helping with network requests, tasks management, logger etc in desktop and mobile apps: https://github.com/GrupaPracuj/hermes
IrrlichtForiOS

Post by IrrlichtForiOS »

It's Irrlicht 1.9.0 ole-es branch.

getting this error now..

Code: Select all

Error   1   error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall irr::video::CWGLManager::CWGLManager(void)" (??0CWGLManager@video@irr@@QAE@XZ) referenced in function "private: void __thiscall irr::CIrrDeviceWin32::createDriver(void)" (?createDriver@CIrrDeviceWin32@irr@@AAEXXZ) C:\Users\nbong\Documents\Irrlicht\source\Irrlicht\CIrrDeviceWin32.obj   Irrlicht

Nadro

Post by Nadro »

Please add CWGLManager.cpp (it exists in source/Irrlicht/) to project. This issue will be fixed after the upcoming merge.
AReichl

Post by AReichl »

Only a question out of curiosity:

Why did you (have to) change the name extGlUseProgram to irrGlUseProgram (to get it to compile) ?
Nadro

Post by Nadro »

I replaced from:

glUseProgram(programID);
to:

Driver->irrGlUseProgram(programID);
"irr" vs "ext" don't matter here. I choosed "irr" prefix instead of "ext" prefix, because "ext - extension" isn't good in some cases (eg. when we use Core functionality), thats why "irr" prefix is better IMHO and will be used in all methods related to OGL in future.