Interface irrlicht python with opencv python

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
acerakit

Interface irrlicht python with opencv python

Post by acerakit »

Hello all,
I'm new to Irrlicht and programming.
I have a project I've been working on using the pyChrono library. There are "shortcuts" in the Chrono tutorial demos which I've been looking at. These shortcuts allow one to create a visual rendering using the irrlicht engine, and this works just fine. However, I would like to create a AR system by showing this irrlicht rendering over an opencv image. I have searched for examples of irrlicht/opencv integration and having found any good tutorials/resources out there. The one I found is in C++, and I'm not sure what's going on there. Does anyone have an example code in python they could share, or good pointers in the general steps to take? Would deeply appreciate this.

A plus would be if there are any code examples for interfacing irrlicht with ROS (I can convert ROS images to OpenCV successfully). My final application is using AR rendered by the Irrlicht engine and ROS topics with OpenCV. Thanks!