Blender file support

Discuss about anything related to the Irrlicht Engine, or read announcements about any significant features or usage changes.
TorQ

Blender file support

Post by TorQ »

I was looking at the .5 feature list and I noticed that you don't have mesh and animation support planned for for Blender. As Blender is a much mature program and has quite a large followin I hope that you could add support in the future! Thanks.

TorQ
Miguel Melo

Post by Miguel Melo »

I am a rabid Blender user and I can tell you that it is virtually impossible to produce an importer for native blender files, because as Ton says they are basically a memory dump. I believe there's an ongoing project in Blender that will allow save to an XML format.

In the meantime, you are better off searching for an python-coded exporter from Blender into MD2 or Milkshape... I'm sure there will be some sround the net.
corban

Post by corban »

i found a working script that exports to .obj files. it exports the uv mapping infor as well, you "only" have to do the skeleton animation in milkshape. i don't have a link, search on elysiun or drop me a message and i send you the script.

corban

dx8 export python plugin?

Post by guest »

if the dx python export plugin for Blender does export bones(I don't know, I'm a nebie in Blender), then it could be done with adding directx8 animation import, which I think is planned. And besides, support for most all other packages in terms of animation import will be added with this, as directx8 is almost everywhere in the form of a free plugin for those pacakages (Max, Maya, Lightwave, Character Fx(~20$), 3dCanvas, Truespace..and some other via comercial plugins. Like Animation Master. ) :) Unless plans have changed since last time I was here. ;)