resurrected cAudio

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
polylux

resurrected cAudio

Post by polylux »

hey everyone,

for those who don't know, cAudio is a great OpenAL wrapper with an api that's similar to irrlicht's. adding sound to your irr projects couldn't be much easier.
pity that the project's been neglected over the years. i have forked it recently and equipped it with a CMake configuration to be easily included in your projects. i have confirmed it builds on linux and windows, if someone wants to help supporting macs, that'd be great.

and for those who still know the pain: it builds on win x64 out of the box ;)

find it in its repo here

let me know if you encounter any issues. and too, if it's of use to you.

cheers,
p.
beer->setMotivationCallback(this);
netpipe

Re: resurrected cAudio

Post by netpipe »

https://github.com/netpipe/AgAudio there is this more portable version too
Live long and phosphor!
-- https://github.com/netpipe/Luna Game Engine Status 95%
WizardofChaos

Post by WizardofChaos »

Nice! I didn't actually know about cAudio for my current project (although I probably shoulda done some more research) and ended up writing my own basic wrapper for OpenAL and Irrlicht. Might post it once I'm sure I'm done with it; it has some specific use stuff for my game that I'd need to strip out before posting.

You couldn't have forked this like, two months ago? Coulda saved myself some effort... :P
Local man gets so irritated with modern space sims that he starts writing his own
polylux

Post by polylux »

netpipe wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 2:44 pm https://github.com/netpipe/AgAudio there is this more portable version too
yea i know about yours, it's just i needed a cmake integration :)
polylux

Post by polylux »

WizardofChaos wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 3:53 am Nice! I didn't actually know about cAudio for my current project (although I probably shoulda done some more research) and ended up writing my own basic wrapper for OpenAL and Irrlicht. Might post it once I'm sure I'm done with it; it has some specific use stuff for my game that I'd need to strip out before posting.

You couldn't have forked this like, two months ago? Coulda saved myself some effort... :P
sry it came out a tad too late for your project! ;)
let us know when you publish it. this thread could also make for a nice collection of audio wrappers.
GameDude

Post by GameDude »

This is great. CAudio is a good audio library.