New The Scout demo

Discussion about everything. New games, 3d math, development tips...
Cleves

New The Scout demo

Post by Cleves »

Hey all,

The scout demo is out, it's a pretty small demo but it's something to tease you! :D
All instruction how to use the game are in the readme file that comes with the game.The game is pretty big 9 mega, that's because i used high res textures and some sound.
I would like to hear your C&C.

Link to download:http://www.eve-corp.com/TheScout/thescout.zip

I would like to thank saigumi for the webspace,thanks alot. :D

Enjoy
[dx/x]=HUNT3R

Post by [dx/x]=HUNT3R »

Hey Cleves I was looking forward to seeing your demo as I'm doing a space game too... but you didn't include your OpenAL32.dll and so it just crashes.
[dx/x]=HUNT3R

Post by [dx/x]=HUNT3R »

Just to let anyone else know who doesn't have OpenAL you can get it off of NVidia's developer website, just download the NVidia audio SDK.

Cool looking demo Cleves... why is the camera fixed though? How is that gonna work?
Cleves

Post by Cleves »

I'm really sorry about the dll thing i already uploaded the dll file into the website and you can download him from here:http://www.eve-corp.com/TheScout/OpenAL32.dll.

What do you mean hunter? you can move the camera with the controls keys and the mouse... :?

Thanks
t

Post by t »

Good work, Cleves. I'm downloading it now. I'm thinking of posting some screenshots of my game soon , too.
[dx/x]=HUNT3R

Post by [dx/x]=HUNT3R »

Cleves wrote:What do you mean hunter? you can move the camera with the controls keys and the mouse... :? Thanks
My bad... I was only using the WSAD key and didn't even try the arrows.

Hey Cleves do you mind if I use your font?
Cleves

Post by Cleves »

No hunter go ahead! :D

Just give me some credits.
[dx/x]=HUNT3R

Post by [dx/x]=HUNT3R »

cool thanks... just curious though, where did you get such a large font. I've tried using the Irrlicht font tool to make my own font bigger and it just gets all screwed up everytime I load it into the game for some reason.
Cleves

Post by Cleves »

I didn't found it m8, i did it by myself.I did it small but using the text app that comes with irrlicht i made it big :D