new feature

Discuss about anything related to the Irrlicht Engine, or read announcements about any significant features or usage changes.
Spidla

new feature

Post by Spidla »

Hi
I think it will be good if you implement some type of model (maybe AN8 MS3D 3DS) where you can join the model (for weapons or something like that) and of course where you can use animations, which are imported from model

(I am sorry about my english I am from non-english country) :))
Spidla

Post by Spidla »

Hey and whta about version v0.4.2
saigumi

Post by saigumi »

0.4.2 as Niko says is "soon".

As far as joining models, already do-able for ms3d. It doesn't restructure the meshes, just attaches the scenenodes.

Code: Select all

virtual ISceneNode* irr::scene::IAnimatedMeshSceneNode::getMS3DJointNode  (  const c8 *    jointName  )  [pure virtual] 

Returns a pointer to a child node, wich has the same transformation as the corrsesponding joint, if the mesh in this scene node is a ms3d mesh. Otherwise 0 is returned. With this method it is possible to attach scene nodes to joints more easily. In this way, it is for example possible to attach a weapon to the left hand of an animated model. This example shows how: 

ISceneNode* hand = 
                                yourMS3DAnimatedMeshSceneNode->getMS3DJointNode("LeftHand");
                    hand->addChild(weaponSceneNode);

Please note that the SceneNode returned by this method may not exist before this call and is created by it. 
Parameters: 
jointName:  Name of the joint.  

Returns: 
Returns a pointer to the scene node which represents the joint with the specified name. Returns 0 if the contained mesh is not an ms3d mesh or the name of the joint could not be found.  
Crud, how do I do this again?
stampsm

Post by stampsm »

thanks i was wondering about this too
Spidla

Post by Spidla »

thanks