How to select a different monitor then the default one

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
Gervais

How to select a different monitor then the default one

Post by Gervais »

Hi I have multiple monitors and a want to be able to select a different monitor then the default one when creation de device is there a way to tell the engine to switch to a different monitor

Thanks
CuteAlien
Admin

Re: How to select a different monitor then the default one

Post by CuteAlien »

I don't think it can be done in Irrlicht 1.7. But it might work in Irrlicht trunk (you have to get it from svn and compile the lib) which allows setting DisplayAdapter in SIrrlichtCreationParameters when creating a device with createDeviceEx. We coded that for multiple graphic cards in a system, but I think multiple monitors addressed by a single graphic-card might also be addressed by those adapters. So just try setting that to another value than 0 (1 probably...).
IRC: #irrlicht on irc.libera.chat
Code snippet repository: https://github.com/mzeilfelder/irr-playground-micha
Free racer made with Irrlicht: http://www.irrgheist.com/hcraftsource.htm
Gervais

Post by Gervais »

Ok it did work if I set the DisplayAdapter to 1 it go to the other monitor and it did need the new build this parameter is not present in the current public version 1.7.2

Thanks for your help :D
Noiecity

Post by Noiecity »

CuteAlien wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:45 am I don't think it can be done in Irrlicht 1.7. But it might work in Irrlicht trunk (you have to get it from svn and compile the lib) which allows setting DisplayAdapter in SIrrlichtCreationParameters when creating a device with createDeviceEx. We coded that for multiple graphic cards in a system, but I think multiple monitors addressed by a single graphic-card might also be addressed by those adapters. So just try setting that to another value than 0 (1 probably...).
thanks, I was thinking of adding local multiplayer to my game, something like split screen if there is only one monitor, and if there are two monitors the possibility for each player to use their own monitor.
If you are looking for people with whom to develop your game, even to try functionalities, I can help you, free. CC0 man.