Tutorial series

Discuss about anything related to the Irrlicht Engine, or read announcements about any significant features or usage changes.

What do you want to hear/read about ?

Movement and timing
42%
Collision Detection in 2D space
21%
Weapon Systems
32%
Leave me alone !!
5%

Total votes: 19

Isometric God

Tutorial series

Post by Isometric God »

A few days ago, some guys asked me to write a tutorial on how to implement weapon systems and collision detection stuff. I noticed that Saigumi has already 3 tutorials on his website and I thought it might be a good idea to continue with that 8)

So my question is : Do you guys still want me to write some tutorials for you ? I don't want to spent a lot of time writing articles that noone reads.. ( :shock: <-- reading ) :wink: :wink:
saigumi

Post by saigumi »

If you write it, they will read.
Crud, how do I do this again?
Tyn

Post by Tyn »

I'd read it even if I already knew how to do it, in my experience there is always a more efficient way to do something and it is always not the way I am doing it :D
DarkWhoppy

Post by DarkWhoppy »

I wouldn't mind seeing how you did that collision in the Rapter demos. (need source code :twisted: ) I've been trying to figure this out for a few days now... my code doesn't work yet :( .
Isometric God

Post by Isometric God »

Okay ! I started with "Timing and framerate independent movement" yesterday. Saigumi and me are still in need of a stylish design for the website. I don't like his light-green style really and he does not like the brown moveabletype design. :cry: :cry:

Why don't you vote for Collision Detection then ( @ DarkWhoppy ). I will see what I can do for you. :|
DarkWhoppy

Post by DarkWhoppy »

Isometric God wrote: Why don't you vote for Collision Detection then ( @ DarkWhoppy ). I will see what I can do for you. :|
It says "2D" and right now I need 3D... but either of the tutorials would be nice to have a look at :wink: .