final bsp editor question

Discuss about anything related to the Irrlicht Engine, or read announcements about any significant features or usage changes.
corban

final bsp editor question

Post by corban »

hi there,

i searched the forum about this topic adn the one question remains:

is there any way to create a irrlicht-compatible .bsp file without the need of buying quake3?

thanks,
corban
Harry_Mystic

Post by Harry_Mystic »

Hi

it works for me, I use GtkRadiant 1.2.12 under Linux.
This is how I did it:
Install to default dir /usr/local/games (finish installation with EXIT, not PLAY), this creates 3 new subdirs (GtkRadiant, quake3, wolfenstein)
Create in /usr/local/games/quake3/ a textfile and name it "quake" (It is just a dummy)
In .../quake3/baseq3/ unpack the "common-spog.pk3" file (GtkRadiant looks in .../quake3/baseq3/textures/radiant/ for 2 files: notex.tga and shadernotex.tga)
Start radiant and change the "Select game" to Arena
Select the engine path: /usr/local/games/quake3/quake (the textfile you created before)
At this point I am able to start. I'm still getting some warnings about missing shaders or textures but this is not a real problem, just copy the textures you want to use to the right place (textures/subdirs)

I found some info on http://industri.sourceforge.net/howto.php (mainly for Windows)

Cheers
corban

Post by corban »

thanks, u saved my day. although i prefer hammer or worldcraft (maybe i find a converter for the .map files) i can continue using irrlicht (although i love mesh modelling, it is not the technique do design levels from my pov).

cu
corban
corban

Post by corban »

is there a trick to compile maps with leaks (to use the irrlich skybox)? even when i untoggle "stop on leak" the compiler stops.

thanks,
corban
Ironfoot

Post by Ironfoot »

Have you tried it with untextured Polys?
Don't know if that works...
Great Engine, Niko, keep up the good work!
Harry_Mystic

Post by Harry_Mystic »

Hi
corban wrote:is there a trick to compile maps with leaks (to use the irrlich skybox)? even when i untoggle "stop on leak" the compiler stops.
You have to untag the "Enable BSP monitoring" as well, this works for me. But under Linux/OpenGL I have stretched textures wenn I use a skybox. I think this is a known problem, I use Irr 0.4

Cheers