Weird results with .obj's exported from blender.

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
CZestmyr

Weird results with .obj's exported from blender.

Post by CZestmyr »

OK, now I read a thread in the Advanced Users forum and solved the texturing problem. But...

My new problem is that when I export more complex meshes from Blender to .obj, I don't get, what I want. The mesh, when viewed by Irrlicht, looks like a bunch of polys intersecting each other. I know, this is probably due to my lack of knowledge of Blender, but still, help would be useful. In Blender, everything looks normally, even import from obj back to blender is fine.
vermeer

Post by vermeer »

like if there was a web vonnecting weirdly parts between them? if that's , often is related on how uvs mix with the mesh export of certain tools. if so, can't remember well the fix...maybe ...ehm...in genral things that remove weird prblems (do them, one pe rone if u want to spot the actual problem)
:

-triangulate the model.
-hit tab, a to select all, remove doubles.
-ctrl+n , recalculate normals outside.

....and ...use ideas man and jms obj scripts. one of them must work....get used to open scripts in text editor and hit alt+p to execute, as the bundled natively exporters arent allways the best, nor the latest...

go to sticky tools thread (my sig), go to page 2, first posts, somewhere there the link to oldies and other useful tools...download at top the blender obj plugins.

use blender 2.36 oficial.
Finally making games again!
http://www.konekogames.com
CZestmyr

Post by CZestmyr »

vermeer wrote:like if there was a web vonnecting weirdly parts between them?
Exactly!

THX, I'll try to solve it.
CZestmyr

Post by CZestmyr »

Tried everything, it didn't help. Even the exporter from 3dsmax showed the same results.[/b]
Murphy

Post by Murphy »

Have you tried scaling the mesh to make it rather bigger? I've encountered rendering problem in Irrlich with very small geometry.
CZestmyr

Post by CZestmyr »

Murphy wrote:Have you tried scaling the mesh to make it rather bigger? I've encountered rendering problem in Irrlich with very small geometry.
Scaling didn't help, but what helped is a change of setting in the max2obj exporter. It reads like "number file" or something like that. You just have to change it from the original 1 to 2 or 3. I don't know what it means, but it solves the problem. :)
vermeer

Post by vermeer »

hum...that can be digits...the decimals allowed for verts precssion(frquent in exporters)...maybe murphy was then in right track:perhaps the mesh was too small.Whatever if it works ;)
Finally making games again!
http://www.konekogames.com