problem with pixel shader

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
TheHitchhiker

problem with pixel shader

Post by TheHitchhiker »

it says: your hardware or this render is not able to use the needed shaders for this example. Using fall back materials
Use the Source!
Spintz

Post by Spintz »

are you running on Windows?

If so, run the DXCapsViewer.exe program.

Under DirectX Graphics Adapters you should see your graphics card.
Expand that.
Then expand D3D Device Types.
Then expand HAL.
Click on Caps and tell us what it says under VertexShaderVersion and PixelShaderVersion.

If you're not on Windows, just tell us what your graphics card is and we can figure out what you card can handle.
cmoibenlepro

Post by cmoibenlepro »

that probably mean that your graphic card is old and don't support the last shaders.
Joe_Oliveri

Post by Joe_Oliveri »

Mine said the same thing, and it is becouse my graphics card is out dated it takes a fairly new graphics card to view this stuff.
Irrlicht Moderator || Game Designer
Learn the basics at </dream.in.code>
Electron

Post by Electron »

One thing to note is that shaders that don't run under OpenGL may be able to run with a non ARB extension. For example, my Radeon 8500 supports pixel shaders under DX, but does not have the ARB_fragment_program extension under OpenGL. It does have the ATI_fragment_shader extension. I haven't yet modified my version of Irrlicht to take advantage of this as there would be several changes for using non-ARB extensions, but do note that it would help for some cards.
You do a lot of programming? Really? I try to get some in, but the debugging keeps me pretty busy.

Crucible of Stars
deprecated

Post by deprecated »

But what about LINUX and the pixel shader... the demo doesn't seem to work for me either..
I have a newer nvidia card... same message is displayed on my screen ... "your hardware ... renderer is not able to display..."

I was hoping for better linux support in this release... :cry: