Icarus'Sin

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
Phenix

Icarus'Sin

Post by Phenix »

Hi I'm working on a space simulator.
I've temporary called it Icarus'Sin.
It's a Frontier First Encounters clone.
Of course this is an alpha release, it has problems on some hardware and it's not complete, but the download it's small (1.2megs) so it's worth a try :)
Please let me know what you think about it, any suggestion is welcome.

The URL is:
www.infinito.it/utenti/phenix84
afecelis
Admin

Post by afecelis »

I downloaded it and tried it; it looks nice although I couldn't do much (since I'm not much of a fan of that kind of game); better said: I ddn't know how to do things. The name is great, I wish the game had more to do with the mythological part.

good job.

ps. Qustion: what's the other dll for? Networking?

Post by Guest »

Coldet.dll is for collision detection.
I did some test about mesh to mesh collision,but I couldn't do something good, so actually the game has not collision.
I haven't removed it because I use it to check if laser collide with ships.
If you like the name, I'll keep it for future releases.
Unfortunally there is a lot to do before implementing something mythological, i'll see what I can do.
draxd

Post by draxd »

GREAT WORK man I love it ,all that ffe feeling :) It`s great ,wondering would you make it open source , I allways wanted to make game like that so would be nice to got something to learn from,Also I seen allot of ffe-clones that wosn`t never finished coz maker give up on them and didn`t make them open source :(

btw will you make planet landing , there`s lot of random world generators out there to pick from them.
Phenix

Post by Phenix »

I never planned to release the source, so it's written very badly, without comments, so I think it's faster to rewrite everything that to understad my code :?
If I started the project today I would code it better, it's quite an huge task to finish the project alone.
Currently I'm trying to implement collisions with space stations, but it's still quite buggy.
After that I plan to enhance the procedural planets.
The biggest problem are the textures, geometry is more or less done.
The planet generators that i've seen didn't completely satisfy me;
Which one do you think is the best?
Thanks for posting!