New Game being made with Irrlicht Engine!!!

Discuss about anything related to the Irrlicht Engine, or read announcements about any significant features or usage changes.
[dx/x]=HUNT3R

New Game being made with Irrlicht Engine!!!

Post by [dx/x]=HUNT3R »

My team is currently developing a 3D action game with the Irrlicht game engine. Our website is still being worked on but you can go there and check it out at http://www.supa-g.com
Cleves

Post by Cleves »

The pics look nice.
I'm working on a space game as well now and i wanted to ask you how did you do the Nebula? is that a skybox?

Thanks
[dx/x]=HUNT3R

Post by [dx/x]=HUNT3R »

In that screenshot the nebula cloud is part of the skybox. But we are currently implementing nebula clouds with billboards so that you can not only see them off in the distance, but fly thru them as well.

BTW, if anyone has tried to sign up for a member account on the website you haven't received a confirmation email because we are in the process of switching the hosting to a server with more space. By next Monday the 29th the user accounts should be working.
Cleves

Post by Cleves »

Ya..it's a good idea..Thanks
[dx/x]=HUNT3R

Post by [dx/x]=HUNT3R »

HEY SUPA G v0.3.6 BETA RELEASE IS NOW AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD INCULDING THE SOURCE CODE :!:

We have to present the project to our software engineering class today for a grade so even though theres not much to the game and the demo will run like crap on a slower computer, I decided to go ahead and release a beta version on the website. All of the software engineering documents are available too if you're interested in that kind of stuff. We plan to fix the demo intro next and work on the almost non-existent AI.

Supa G may contain music, models, etc. that were done by other people outside of the team. We would like to thank those people for their unnamed contributions and please recognize that we are not selling Supa G and are not making any money from the project. We are only creating the project to learn from. So please do not sue us. If you have a problem with any content of Supa G please contact us at www.Supa-G.com.

Disclaimer:
Weasel Werkx software and all team members who worked on Supa G are in no way responsible for any damages caused by using the Supa G program. By using this program you agree that you will not hold us responsible for anything that may happen as a result, nor will you use Supa G in a criminal manner! Enjoy!
niko
Site Admin

Post by niko »

Nice game. Very cool intro. :) It runs a little bit slow on my hardware, and the text seems not to be moved independent of the fps, so I was only able to read the first 3 lines of text in the intro.
But it's really a nice space shooter.
[dx/x]=HUNT3R

Post by [dx/x]=HUNT3R »

Yeah sorry about the slow performance in the intro it will work a lot better for you soon. If you look at the source code it runs on a time based system which is very bad, unless you have a pretty fast computer. I plan to fix it soon and make it position event driven which should solve the problem with slower video cards (and cpus). We just had to make it run right on my computer for the presentation, but then thats why it's just a beta release :D
Chev

Post by Chev »

congrats on finishing the beta! I'll have to play it tonight. I'm also trying the 3d space thing so I'm very curious :wink: :D