Irrlicht 0.9 Release

Discuss about anything related to the Irrlicht Engine, or read announcements about any significant features or usage changes.
Spintz

Irrlicht 0.9 Release

Post by Spintz »

For those of you that don't check the mainpage!

The GeoMipMap scene node I had done is now integrated into Irrlicht, along with a ton of other updates!

I've yet to check out the multi-pass rendering, but that shows huge promise for mixing with shaders and creating incredible terrains!

Oh, I had some trouble downloading from sourceforge ( pretty slow ) so I uploaded irrlicht-0.9 on my site, in case others have trouble with sourceforge, my site's very fast!

http://irrlicht.spintz.com/irrlicht-0.9.zip
saigumi

Post by saigumi »

Sourceforge has a bunch of mirrors. Try those.

UMN is close to me, but sucks. I get faster speeds downloading from overseas mirrors.

Voxel is further but is fast.
Crud, how do I do this again?
LordNaikon

Post by LordNaikon »

yuhu !

i'll try it out immediately!

i will see the geomipmap....
q|^.^|p beeing every time friendly to everyone
sys: 2500+Barton 512MB 6600GT WinXP
buhatkj

Hot damn!!

Post by buhatkj »

Niko seems to be on fire...I was still getting familiar with all the new stuff in 0.8, and here we are with 0.9 already. Won't be long till we hit the big 1.0, as OGRE has recently also.

Good work Niko :-)
My irrlicht-based projects have gone underground for now, but if you want, check out my webcomic instead! http://brokenboomerang.net
vgmdev

Post by vgmdev »

Wow, that was quick! :shock:

He’s like the weather… can’t predict it...
niko
Site Admin

Post by niko »

vgmdev wrote:He’s like the weather… can’t predict it...
Hehe :)
A good reason for this quick release is that there are not that much new features than in other releases, but I think it it quite nice anyway.
Spintz

Post by Spintz »

Hey Niko, question about the FPS camera, is there any reason you don't put in the patch in CCameraFPSSceneNode::animate() to change

Code: Select all

if (cursorpos.X < 0.49f || cursorpos.X > 0.51f ||
	cursorpos.Y < 0.49f || cursorpos.Y > 0.51f)
to :

Code: Select all

if (cursorpos.X != 0.5f || cursorpos.Y != 0.5f )

??? It makes the FPS camera a lot smoother!
cmoibenlepro

Post by cmoibenlepro »

Wow! Great news!

At this rate, next month irrlicht 1.0 will be released :wink:
Joe_Oliveri

Post by Joe_Oliveri »

LoL Niko keep it up you really have one of the best Engines out there! And it gets better everyday!
Irrlicht Moderator || Game Designer
Learn the basics at </dream.in.code>

Post by Guest »

i was once told that irrlicht was not good for open maps with large terrains, and to use ogre. Well, I messed with the terrain demo and clearly they were wrong.
Quall

Post by Quall »

not to mention that the bump mapping and per pixel lighting look very, very, nice.
haribo

Post by haribo »

I would like to know when Irrlicht.Net will be up to par with the normal library. I know everyone says just learn c++, but honestly i dont have the time or will to do so. I would like to develop in .Net languages, first because i already know those, second, it is so much easier, intellisense actually works, and you dont have to use all those pointers at all. Anyway, to not turn this into a flamewar between programming languages and generations, this is just my personal 2 cents. Question still remains tho, it is pretty hard to develop in .Net when there is no GUI stuff at all, plus the terrain renderer and other features are missing as well.
Testur

Post by Testur »

LOD terrain has been long awaited by many it seems, all it needs now is a SOAR implementation to be complete. :)
Spintz

Post by Spintz »

SOAR implementation?
vgmdev

Post by vgmdev »

I think the devmaster.net engine page needs to be updated?