CAN ANYONE HELP?? Meshs crashing program

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
Acki

Post by Acki »

Well, both obj files are working for me !!!
If you don't see a node, try to disable lightning (or add a light node):

node1->setMaterialFlag(EMF_LIGHTING, false);
while(!asleep) sheep++;
IrrExtensions:Image
http://abusoft.g0dsoft.com
try Stendhal a MORPG written in Java
steveybop

Post by steveybop »

If you don't see a node
This is my problem, if it was just a case of not SEEING meshes, that i could deal with. When i try to load any mesh but the sydney.md2 or the object.obj, my whole operating system crashes im guessing that this is not an Irrlicht feature!?!

:?: Nobody has ever encountered this problem before?????? :?:
DISCLAIMER: Having read this post & all information therein,you have entered into a legally binding contract.You are obliged to agree wholeheartedly with all opinions expressed within this post.Failure to comply will be deemed a breach of contract.
steveybop

Post by steveybop »

okay, some major progress. I tried using OpenGL instead and the floor.obj loaded and DIDNT crash Windows. Which is a first!! :roll:

Now the major question, if i leave it as OpenGL for the rest of the project should that make any difference to the code itself. is there anything, anywhere ill have to do differently because im using OpenGL??

To use DirectX i had to install the SDK and recompile irrlicht with DirectX etc, does OpenGL come as a standard library with windows or something, how come it is already there?
DISCLAIMER: Having read this post & all information therein,you have entered into a legally binding contract.You are obliged to agree wholeheartedly with all opinions expressed within this post.Failure to comply will be deemed a breach of contract.