Moving camera up makes me crazy!

Discuss about anything related to the Irrlicht Engine, or read announcements about any significant features or usage changes.
Plato

Moving camera up makes me crazy!

Post by Plato »

Help... or Kill...

Trying to make some flying camera which can go up to the sky for more then 50000.0f on Y axis... I have a map with iTerrainSceneNode and a iWaterSceneNode... Look like this (dont lough))):

When the camera is close to the ground - everything looks fine:

But when I move upper the following apears:

camPos.Y ~ 2000.0f

camPos.Y ~ 4000.0f

camPos.Y ~ 6000.0f

Shall I kill myself or there can be solution?

UPDATE: Whats wrong with PICTURES???????
katoun

Post by katoun »

Hello
Well the problem with those intersection 'error' is that you are to fare from them and that the scene is too big, too big.
Well I hd some problems like that and I have found out that mostely every video card does that.
Sugestions :
- try scaling down your scene about 10 times or even 100 and see what hapends then

- make a cliner scene I mean don't have poligons that intersect(all grat games use that to make that problem 'go away') I mean perfect alignment of vertexes
and that aslo by testing was done
- don't go so hight :lol: but that is not an practical sugestion though.
- or use fog to mask the effect
- OR USE ALL ABOVE(most recomended)
Good luck :?:
Kat'Oun
Plato

Post by Plato »

Thanks man...

Yeah - I tried to scale down, everything is perfect but scene becomes SO small that my MD2 models looks like Gulliver in the country of liliputians...

About fog... At the moment I must have camera.FarValue(13000.0f) and fog.NearValue(8000)...

Thats couse Im trying to make fly simulator with the possibility to walk on islands...

Oh...
Plato

Post by Plato »

And another thing:

How is it possible to make clear (not intersected polys) coast-land line?
katoun

Post by katoun »

Think about bsp files
They are made so that no poligons intersects with other.
How to make scenes (meshes) 'clear' :
well use 3DSMax it's the best modeler(for not that advanced users) and it has a function that alignes objects perfect and an other thing there is actulay a modeling concept(expecialy for this porpose).
For one object I sugest using extrude method with slice planes(or tessalate) and it is not recomended to use booleans!!!
Kat'Oun
Plato

Post by Plato »

I must explain...

I've got low polygon sea-floor plate... half-transparent water plate... 20 heightmaped isles... and BSP level on each isle... there's no problem with heightmap->BPS... the only problem with water->heightmap...

If I remove water plate and the sea-floor plate the map is just perfect on any high...

Do you have any suggestions how to make water level in other way then a additing huge addHillPlaneMesh?