To: Saigumi Re: Free Project Hosting Website

You are an experienced programmer and have a problem with the engine, shaders, or advanced effects? Here you'll get answers.
No questions about C++ programming or topics which are answered in the tutorials!
keless

To: Saigumi Re: Free Project Hosting Website

Post by keless »

From your website:
I know there is a few other things that will be useful for teams, such as a project site (like sourceforge's) that are available, but I don't know of any that are free/low cost and decent. (PhpProjekt is free, but not decent.) If you know of one, let me know.
http://illicitdev.net/

Support for screen shots, downloadables and Blog. Also a general forum space.
saigumi

Post by saigumi »

Looks like they are doing the same thing I am, just with custom code for handling all of the project works.

Since I don't have time to write custom project management code, I have just been sticking things together as I go. I did some digging and have found a few ways to use one central PHPNuke system core to deploy many sites. Which would give everyone a wider range of ways to handle their site.

However, I haven't found any software that allows for simple to set up, relatively bug-free, and easy to use project management. PHPProjekt doesn't meet these requirement as it is difficult to configure and even more aggrivating and confusing to use.
Crud, how do I do this again?
keless

Post by keless »

yeah, Nuke is more of a general content management system too. And from what I know, it doesnt provide everything a project needs: art gallery, screen shots, downloads section, per-project forums, project-defined pages (bios, status, whatever they want)

Your site definately works for those people that use it, just wanted to let you know of another.