jirr vs. Bindenlicht

Discussion about Irrlicht's Java wrapper

jirr vs. Bindenlicht

Post by Guest »

jirr vs. Bindenlicht

pros, cons, etc.
domstyledesign

Post by domstyledesign »

(oops, the above post is me. darn cookies.)

i've been messing around with both and have so far had the most success running and compiling the demos using jirr. however, i really like that bindenlicht has downloads for linux.

one thing i found kind of odd with jirr. the wall textures are all sorts of psychadelic in the collision test demo, but stair climbing is really really smooth. however, in the tech demo, the stair climbing is near impossible.

maybe the authors of each of these projects should get together and make an official java binding for irrlicht.
domstyledesign

Post by domstyledesign »

anybody know when jirr will be available for other platforms? or, does anybody know what i would need to learn to build jirr for other platforms?

also, does anyone know where i can find the window creation method inside jirr? i ask because i'm curious about using the Swing package w/ jirr.

Post by domstyledesign »

it would also be cool to know more about the window creation so that i can give users the ability to resize the window