Rendering problems, Part 3

You are an experienced programmer and have a problem with the engine, shaders, or advanced effects? Here you'll get answers.
No questions about C++ programming or topics which are answered in the tutorials!
Brinsky

Rendering problems, Part 3

Post by Brinsky »

As no one was able to help me on post no 1&2 (beginners forum), I'm posting the 3rd thread here, hopefully with enough addition.

To make this quick:
When I add the normal texture to my room node and at the same time use the collision response animator, I get some strange graphics bug (check out the pictures)...

This is how it's supposed to be:

And that's how it actualy is:

The strangest thing is if I disable the collision detection/response, there's no problem at all.

So, for those who'd like to see it first hand I'm adding binaries bellow (right click / save as):

http://www2.arnes.si/~mhojni7/irrlicht/ ... oblems.rar

Please, please, PLEEEEEAAAAASE help me out.. <sniff>... please do :!: :!: :!:

Thanks in advance
10 I lovez my computer
20 goto 10
bal

Post by bal »

Your binary .exe doesn't work here I'm afraid. It looks like some collision data is actually being (debug?) rendered... Else it could be a videocard-specific bug.
General Tools List
General FAQ
System: AMD Barton 2600+, 512MB, 9600XT 256MB, WinXP + FC3
Brinsky

Post by Brinsky »

it could be a videocard specific bug
...it sure isn't - tested on nVidia 4, 6800GT, on ATI Radeon 9000Pro and 9800Pro. Always the same result. And yes. collision data IS being rendered. I just don't know how to let the device know that's not supposed to render it. As until now nobody has reported similar bugs, I'm just wondering if anybody at all has experienced the same thing or has any ideas - any at all - how to fix that. Concerning the collision data, it looks like collision dummy is stepping out in front.
10 I lovez my computer
20 goto 10
afecelis
Admin

Post by afecelis »

I can't even run the program. It asked for msvcr80.dll; I downloaded it and then got naother error saying it can't locate an entry point in the dll.

did you compile it on a 64 bit system?
Brinsky

Post by Brinsky »

it's compiled on a 32bit system, if it's making you trouble, i'll post the whole thing tomorrow. it's strange though, as we've been running it on several different machines with no problem at all...
10 I lovez my computer
20 goto 10
bal

Post by bal »

Are you sure you haven't any other code in your draw-loop that could cause this? Else post some source if you don't get to compiling working (32 bits?) binaries...
General Tools List
General FAQ
System: AMD Barton 2600+, 512MB, 9600XT 256MB, WinXP + FC3
Brinsky

Post by Brinsky »

i'll post sc in a few hours
10 I lovez my computer
20 goto 10
Brinsky

Post by Brinsky »

conclusion: i'm just not gonna apply bump-maps to the game. It drove me crazy. A real shame though. It looked beautiful with normal maps. I guess I'm ought to explore the new realms of lightmapping instead :lol: I can only hope the parallax mapping in the 0.10.0v of irr works better.
10 I lovez my computer
20 goto 10