Morphing not read

You are an experienced programmer and have a problem with the engine, shaders, or advanced effects? Here you'll get answers.
No questions about C++ programming or topics which are answered in the tutorials!
Brinsky

Morphing not read

Post by Brinsky »

When I export a morphed object (20 frames) to an .x file the morph isn't recognized by irrlicht. Is my exporter flawed or is it that the irr x loader doesn't support morphed objects? Anyhow... what's the healthy alternative to morph-animated characters? Has anybody tried skinning?
10 I lovez my computer
20 goto 10
Electron

Post by Electron »

Irrlichts only loads bones and weigths animations from a .x file, doesn't support morph. Use .md2. md3, ond perhaps a few others for morph animation. IMHO using skeletal animation is much better than morph anyway. Skinning of .x models seems fine in Irrlicht though it is perhaps a bit slower than morph animation
You do a lot of programming? Really? I try to get some in, but the debugging keeps me pretty busy.

Crucible of Stars
Brinsky

Post by Brinsky »

Thanks, I've just managed to animate skined character in irr. I'm not sure how to apply different textures to different parts of skined body, though. Any ideas?
10 I lovez my computer
20 goto 10
Electron

Post by Electron »

Irrlicht loads textures from the .x file, so no need to apply textures in Irrlicht. How's its done in hte modeler is of course dependant on what modeler you are using.
You do a lot of programming? Really? I try to get some in, but the debugging keeps me pretty busy.

Crucible of Stars
Brinsky

Post by Brinsky »

thanks
10 I lovez my computer
20 goto 10