How to Increase Clipping Distance & Rotation Presicion ?

You are an experienced programmer and have a problem with the engine, shaders, or advanced effects? Here you'll get answers.
No questions about C++ programming or topics which are answered in the tutorials!
Marco Hernandez

How to Increase Clipping Distance & Rotation Presicion ?

Post by Marco Hernandez »

I wanna know if there is a way to Increase the Default clipping distance provided by the Irrlict Engine, I don't like to see my far away buildings dissapear, It kinda makes me wanna throw the computer out the window.

Furthermore, I'm not sure what to call it, but it seems that the rotation presition of irrlicht's default camera control may be too low. That is, it is not very smooth when the mouse moves slowly, you can notice the 'steps'. It's not a big problem but it doenst help much for quality graphics. I'd like to know how to overcome this, if possible.
Now i'm mad
>-(
MeisterK

Post by MeisterK »

Before throwing your computer you should maybe call

Code: Select all

irrCamera->setFarValue(float);
To increase far distance clipping
Brinsky

Post by Brinsky »

For smooth camera movement you'll have to write a camera interpolation function or better an event handler: as you rotate two vectors should be input - the first one is the current camera vector, the second one the camera vector that the camera is rotating towards. According to your fps, you divide the rotation using fuction you have written (with most suitable interpolation algorythm) that returns interpolating vectors (try to get less vectors then the fps number) and add them to the camera rotation. Try searching the forum. It's been posted in several threads.
10 I lovez my computer
20 goto 10
Marco Hernandez

Post by Marco Hernandez »

Thax alot guy's! I'll hold on to that!
Now i'm mad
>-(