bsp lighting

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
Robomaniac

bsp lighting

Post by Robomaniac »

I have a problem with v 0.4.2.

I have a q3 bsp loaded and displaying, and I have the material type set to EMT_SOLID in order to show lighting effect. (as suggested in the forum). This worked in 0.4.1, but in 0.4.2, everything on the screen except for the gun and lights are black and white. This again, didn't happen in 0.4.1. Thanks in advance.

--The Robomaniac
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
sirshane

Post by sirshane »

hrm.. What do you mean by 'black and white'.. Can you post a screen shot?
-Shane
Robomaniac

Post by Robomaniac »

--The Robomaniac
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Robomaniac

Post by Robomaniac »

I talked to sirshane a bit more, and both of us think that it might be a bug in the openGL renderer. Anyone else have this problem?

--The Robomaniac
wornaki

Post by wornaki »

Do you both think it's a bug in the gl renderer :?:. Weird. I haven't tried 0.4.2 yet, but anyway if you test your app with Directx and it works you must be right in your assumption that it is a bug...
Robomaniac

Post by Robomaniac »

I'm using dev c++, so i can only use openGL, but if someone want to test it using directx, then feel free, i just loaded a map and set the material to EMT_SOLID.

--The Robomaniac
RayOfAsh

Post by RayOfAsh »

Thats deffinetly an OpenGL problem, i get thoes errors while playing Half-Life in OpenGL mode.
Robomaniac

Post by Robomaniac »

I found the 0.4.2 dx 4 devc++ dll, so my problem is fixed. Also, this is an OpenGL bug.

--The Robomaniac

btw, if I was releasing a demo using dx4devc++, what dlls from the package would i need to include? It seems to crash for some reason
keless

Post by keless »

DX is not supported in the DevCpp .dll right now. Its in a readme or something, somewhere.
a screen cap is worth 0x100000 DWORDS
Robomaniac

Post by Robomaniac »

In the default dll, there is no support, but this thread has prebuilt support for dx4devc++ http://irrlicht.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/ ... .php?t=370

--The Robomaniac