Irrlicht demo-tribute video !

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
afecelis
Admin

Irrlicht demo-tribute video !

Post by afecelis »

hi guys!

I decided to edit a 3 min video which would make a tribute to Niko's work and to this community, so I Fraps-captured some scenes of the tech demo, my latest level in 3dsmax and finally the level running in Irrlicht. I then edited everything in premiere and added some music. Hope you like it! :D

http://www.danielpatton.com/afecelis/Giles/IrrVid.zip

ps. I love the 1:1 correspondence between 3dsmax and the My3d format! Too bad I couldn't get trees working yet, but I was able to add some particles at the dome that look nice!

once again, thnx Niko, Zdimitor and Irrlichters!
:D
Last edited by afecelis on Wed May 18, 2005 7:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post by Guest »

Very nice. 8)
afecelis
Admin

Post by afecelis »

thnx! :D

just crossed some lines with Niko and he also liked it and he suggested creating a showcase video displaying many more projects (briefly). This way the tech video will show Irrlicht's true power with a lot of apps. I loved the idea so we'll start thinking of projects to include. I'll start creating the logo in 3d and stuff.

so get busy and create some stuff you'd like to show!
Chris

Post by Chris »

Thats nice work Afecelis, I'll probably do somthing similar when my project gets to a point when there is somthing to show. Roll on the summer holidays.
afecelis
Admin

Post by afecelis »

Thnx Chris! would love to see your work soon :D

To everyone interested in posting up their projects, please remember to include an Opengl version since fraps seems to work better with it. :wink:
Chris

Post by Chris »

I've got exams comming up soon so progress is slow, but once there over its back to 'try and make a game' mode for me, incase your interested here are a few shots of the first level, made using DeleD.

I've already ripped, re-written and improved the loader form the Irrlicht Techdemo so no problems getting OGL from me :D .
MikeR

Post by MikeR »

Vid looks great. :)
Your choice of music fit perfectly.
If it exists in the real world, it can be created in 3d

Sys specs:
AMD 3700+ 64 processor
1.0 gb ram
e-Geforce 6600 graphics 256 mb onboard ram
afecelis
Admin

Post by afecelis »

:D :D

the music comes from the Fruityloops community. I also like to create some music with it.

http://www.fruityloops.com

Post by Guest »

the video thing would be a cool idea. i just have to work on my user interface and this stuff some more, then i could make a video too :)