Fmod and Irrlicht

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
double_a

Fmod and Irrlicht

Post by double_a »

Hello, I have a problem with Irrlicht about Fmod. I use this music device for my game, but he doesn't work with Irrlicht. Is it a bug or a function that's make default with Irrlicht. Can you help me about this?
Double A (Anthipatic Arinn)
IProject Team Programmer
Electron

Post by Electron »

Fmod works fine with Irrlicht. If you post specifics about your problem someone may be able to help
You do a lot of programming? Really? I try to get some in, but the debugging keeps me pretty busy.

Crucible of Stars
bal

Post by bal »

Yeah, post some source or something. FMod and Irrlicht are two seperated API's that have nothing to do with eachother. So the problem must be in your own code.
General Tools List
General FAQ
System: AMD Barton 2600+, 512MB, 9600XT 256MB, WinXP + FC3

Post by Guest »

My programmer friend, will send some code of the project with Fmod. I don't have the code on this computer
double_a

Post by double_a »

Sorry, I don't log on my account, The guest is me
IProject Team Programmer
Midnight

Post by Midnight »

he's talking about using an fmod program to export stuff for fmod... or something like that... good luck.
fatcat46

Post by fatcat46 »

No, we only want to play musics and sounds with FMod. We make an older version of our project using a LOT of code with DirectX 9.0c and FMod works great. But i discovered the BEST engine i never seen (Irrlicht) and do it again with it. I used the same functions that on the older version but didn't work at all. :?
The code will be send later.
:: Double K ::
Web Site Under Construction
(http://k.domaindlx.com/fatcat46)
fatcat46

Post by fatcat46 »

:D :D It seem that Double A have done it. He work on ityestherday, and he found our bug : Don't use it in archive paks... :oops:
:: Double K ::
Web Site Under Construction
(http://k.domaindlx.com/fatcat46)
double_a

Post by double_a »

That's not the only mistake in the code. We use it in an archive pack and we using an other function of Fmod and then not work with Irrlicht, because is function load music with an URL adress
IProject Team Programmer
double_a

Post by double_a »

Thanks you for the URL adress you send me :D
IProject Team Programmer
Electron

Post by Electron »

I use sound files from archives. The point is, you have to load the data with Irrlicht's zip-capable file reading functions then pass the data to fmod
You do a lot of programming? Really? I try to get some in, but the debugging keeps me pretty busy.

Crucible of Stars