Character falling through terrain while walking/running

You are an experienced programmer and have a problem with the engine, shaders, or advanced effects? Here you'll get answers.
No questions about C++ programming or topics which are answered in the tutorials!
dopyiii

Post by dopyiii »

Hey, I was just wondering if you'd made any headway with this problem...? :?:

I know that I sure haven't!
red82

Post by red82 »

Nope, I havn't worked on it really lately. Didn't get a chance to try newton yet. I've been testing my abilities in 3d modeling, and that's been eating up a lot of my time.
Spintz

Post by Spintz »

I'm sorry I haven't gotten to it, this week is a demo week at work, so things are crazy. I'm also trying to find a new job, have an interview in an hour and a half with a company doing OpenGL development on IRIX/Solaris/Linux/Windows. Hopefully I get it!! :)

I should have some time this weekend to look into it, sorry for the delay.
mm765

Post by mm765 »

good luck with that job spintz !
Spintz

Post by Spintz »

Yeah, funny how I concentrate so much on Windows/DirectX and I get this job offer.....

Well, I have a feeling they want someone more familiar with OpenGL, so most likely won't get the job, but I just got another interview setup with new company, can't tell me what it's about, but I'll find out on the interview! :)
mm765

Post by mm765 »

damn and i thought you would finally learn to love the beauty that is opengl ..LOL. just kidding ..but could not resist
dopyiii

Post by dopyiii »

Feel lucky that you're getting interviews! I've applied for over 120 jobs in the last two months and I've had two interviews. Of course, I won't graduate for another 5 days, so I couldn't immediately fill a position until now.

Anyway, good luck!
red82

Post by red82 »

Does anyone know if there has been any progress made on this bug at all?
Suliman

Post by Suliman »

I seem to have the same problem:

I check the 3dPos on my terrain where my mouse is hhovering, and some spots return (0,0,0) the same value I get when hoovering outside the terrain, it seemes as this would be those "holes" you guys speak of. They are always on the same places.

I have no tips whatsoever though...
Spintz

Post by Spintz »

I've been checking the forums here and there but am still way too busy with work and stuff to take a look into this. I've been working 70+ hours a week and looking for a new job. Lots of real life issues too.

I would try and look at how the triangle selector is generated and be sure that all triangles are present for the terrain at the LOD specified in the generation of the terrain selector. I'll try and take a quick look at the code to see if something changed when this all got implemented into Irrlicht-0.9 as soon as I can...
Spintz

Post by Spintz »

I just tried to get this to happen again, with Irrlicht-0.10.0, and I can't reproduce it! :(

Is anyone still having this problem with 0.10???
red82

Post by red82 »

Yea, using the same code it still does it for me with 0.10
Spintz

Post by Spintz »

Ok, have you sent me that code before? I'll have to check my email at home, if not, could you send it to me again, just to make it easier on me. :)