RTS project Galactic Dream, almost completed

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki

Post by Guest »

:D
of course everything needs time, you have to be patient
If you are too patient it will take just too much we don't know if you will be able to see the finish. And time is a very limited resource. You have what you have no more and no less. What we cand find more are peoples so we spare some time, energy, efort.

I'm not saying that you can not handle RTS. But the conexion between objects is very complex. And there are many units what are interactinc with every unit in the game. ( slow performace).
Have you tried to draw the classes, the interaction between them and thinking just how to achive that. (definition etc... that's the start.)
When i begin making games i was only programing linear. I was using some peudo OOP but it wasn't OPP. After i start 3d programing and see how fast is Irrlicht i started to do more OOP in my programing. I'm still doing OOP programing and 3d programing for less than half of year.

You have to make many models(low poly), texture them ... and that take's time.
Pr3t3nd3r

Post by Pr3t3nd3r »

:roll: was me.
Galactic Dream Best RTS game
http://www.rageofwar.net
Engage in epic galactic warfare, guide your people through the galaxy! in the real time strategy game made with Irrlicht
http://www.evolutionvault.com
insolence

Post by insolence »

Looks amazing!

But you should really make the 'console' type thing on the bottom, instead of on the right. Red Alert sucks in that sense, where Starcraft/WC3 prevails :)
Pr3t3nd3r

Post by Pr3t3nd3r »

insolence wrote:Looks amazing!

But you should really make the 'console' type thing on the bottom, instead of on the right. Red Alert sucks in that sense, where Starcraft/WC3 prevails :)
Can you say how the placement of the menu is afecting the gameplay? Personaly i'm an Starcraft maniac player :P.
But i put the menu this whay because it is alowing the maximum area of game vizibility. (+40 000 pixels (an 200/200 rectangle, of curse not they are not that way distribute)).
Warcraft I, II have side menu's. Meybe blizzard have good reasons to change them to the bottom, or is only an artistic effect.
Galactic Dream Best RTS game
http://www.rageofwar.net
Engage in epic galactic warfare, guide your people through the galaxy! in the real time strategy game made with Irrlicht
http://www.evolutionvault.com
Pr3t3nd3r

video

Post by Pr3t3nd3r »

http://evolutionvault.net/galactic_drea ... /video.htm

I have uploaded an small video. Of curse there will be some more graphical modifications.
Electron

Post by Electron »

cool. Looks very professional
You do a lot of programming? Really? I try to get some in, but the debugging keeps me pretty busy.

Crucible of Stars
Pr3t3nd3r

Post by Pr3t3nd3r »

I will try to finish some stufs in the alpha version and tomorow to put it on the site, because in the next days i will be a little busy with faculty.
Pr3t3nd3r

Post by Pr3t3nd3r »

Now you can download the game.

I'm realy expecting sugestions, especially for gameplay. The network have some bugs but i will fix them quickly.
Now let's see the RTS developers what they tking about the cost of tehnology and ships. And the gameplay. How we can achieve it.
MACARRAUM

Post by MACARRAUM »

Very cool game :wink:
Pr3t3nd3r

Post by Pr3t3nd3r »

New version released. Many new gameplay improvements. Network avaible. (at least 1 vs 1 is working fine ...)
omaremad

Post by omaremad »

amazing game :shock: :shock: :D
i have only 1 critisisim
the textures look bad even when they are high res and professional quality in the zip file

try turning off mip maps
since your hard work and talent are being blurred by mipmaps

Code: Select all

driver->setTextureCreationFlag(video::ETCF_CREATE_MIP_MAPS, false);
keep up the work
i wish i was working on that project
niko
Site Admin

Post by niko »

Wow, really nice! Impressive :)
Going to add this to the projects page, if you allow it. :)
Pr3t3nd3r

Post by Pr3t3nd3r »

Thx. Nice to see you back. Go ahead add it.
But mipmaps. I'm going to upload an video to see what is happening when i'm disabling minimaps ... strange.

I'v done some gui skinning and i'm planing to do more ... you can found them at links on the site.

No mipmaps video:
www.evolutionvault.net/tmp/mipmap.avi
Pr3t3nd3r

Post by Pr3t3nd3r »

omaremad wrote:amazing game :shock: :shock: :D
i have only 1 critisisim
the textures look bad even when they are high res and professional quality in the zip file

try turning off mip maps
since your hard work and talent are being blurred by mipmaps

Code: Select all

driver->setTextureCreationFlag(video::ETCF_CREATE_MIP_MAPS, false);
keep up the work
i wish i was working on that project
I was putting one texture made by me in the game with some writing and i seen how burred it get. I was thinking at disable mipmaps.
Now i tried your code (disable mip maps ....) but the result's are not so good.

If you want to work on this project nobody is stoping you give me an pm mesage and we will see...

Post by Guest »

thnx alot and sry 4 messing ur project with my stupid mimmap idea

i am not a super programmer but i can help in art(not very good)

here r some examples

if u like them then tell me if i can help in any way